Analyst Relations Manager
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 212104
Analyst Relations Manager
Location: Virtual, US
As an Analyst Relations (AR) Manager, you will be responsible for executing and managing Teradata’s relationship with key industry influencers by increasing the company’s visibility, interaction and influence with a diverse analyst community. The role is a mix of internal and external analyst relations activities that include developing strong relationships with key IT and industry analysts who influence buying decisions in the Teradata market. These include such firms as Gartner, Forrester, IDC and others.
You will develop a broad understanding of the full Teradata suite products and services and build a strong network with Teradata subject matter experts and executives. This knowledge and internal collaboration will be used to build and nurture appropriate relationships with key analysts in order to drive more positive commentary, recommendations and coverage.
The Analyst Relations team takes advantage of the unique position that these key outside influencers have with our prospects and customers to help drive revenue. You will leverage analyst research and opinion to convey market trends and information to Teradata sales, marketing, product development, and executives, as well as raise the awareness of the AR program internally.
- Develop and manage strong relationships with key analysts in both the IT and industry segments for Teradata’s market
- Execute briefings and inquiries with relevant analysts and company spokespersons to ensure ongoing engagement and to affect positive opinions of Teradata, its market strategies, products and services with the analysts
- Increase Teradata’s inclusion in analyst research reports, market perspectives, market share data, and industry event presentations, where applicable
- Work to establish Teradata as an integral part of the end-user consideration set via analyst recommendations on buying decisions
- Assist subject matter experts/spokespersons in preparing content that is tailored for that analyst audience
- Maintain a steady flow of outbound communications to assigned analyst target audiences
- Regularly assess the feasibility and value of analyst involvement in go-to-market offerings
- Coordinate program execution with other departments such as Sales, Demand Gen, PR and events, when appropriate
- Assess the effectiveness of the analyst relationships
- Negotiate with, and push back on analysts who incorrectly position Teradata
This position requires a person who possesses broad company knowledge and good relationships across the organization, so as to appropriately align the organization and the analysts’ needs.
This person must have previous experience in working with Gartner and Forrester and know how to navigate Tier 1 Analyst firms.
As many of the analysts are acknowledged thought leaders in their field, they are often sensitive to any disagreement, so this position must be able to negotiate well to achieve a win-win solution and to push back forcefully but sensitively so as to keep a positive, yet long-term, working relationship. This position requires someone with professional written as well as verbal communication/negotiation (occasionally confrontational) skills. Successful candidates must be able to gather all facts and decipher opinions from reality quickly and then objectively, yet forcefully, communicate to the analysts/consultants, and then continue a long-term relationship.
- Wide breadth of knowledge on Teradata’s solutions and offers
- 10+ years of business experience in a high-tech B to B environment
- Analyst Relations experience required; successful sales experience a plus
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in persuasive communicating/negotiating
- Must be a self- starter and comfortable working remotely
- Strong project management skills; detail-oriented, and be able to re-prioritize on the fly
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must be able to interact successfully and influence at all levels of the company
- Must possess exceptional judgment and demonstrate strong leadership presence
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Analyst Relations Manager
Job Category: Marketing
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US