Software Engineer , Service Analytics
Location: Tijuana, Mexico MX
Requisition Number: 212102
Service Analytics Software Engineer
Location: Tijuana, BC, Mexico
Level: Senior Professional
The Teradata Global Support Organization is going to modernize customer support and we need the best Software Engineers to make this goal a reality.
In this role, you will be working within the Teradata Service Analytics team. This team is dedicated to automating customer support and transforming customer support from reactive to proactive by leveraging data and analytics.
Our vision is to optimize Customer’s Teradata solution performance and availability, through automated analytics-driven predictive/proactive issue resolution while enabling Customer self-service. Specifically, to develop an analytics software system for customer support, which will
- Utilize data and analytics to predict Customer operational issues
- Proactively provide solutions to avoid impact to Customer operations
- Enable Customers to quickly and easily resolve their own problems
- Assist Customer Support Associates to quickly resolve customer issues
You will work in collaboration with other members including data scientists and data engineers to research, design, implement, test, maintain and document solutions for predictive analytics for automated, near real-time decision making on data and problems. You will handle massive datasets, which includes working with data engineers to determine what data management systems are appropriate, working with data engineers on developing solutions to data integration and cleansing, and working with data scientists to transition analytical algorithms along and data infrastructure into an operational service analytics system. You will also help set up enterprise-class development and testing tools to enable quick development and deployment of high quality software.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science
- 3+ years of experience with Python and Java programming language gained through a combination of academic studies and work experience
- Experience with SQL, Databases, and data integration technologies
- Experience working with large-scale, complex software in a parallel processing environment
- Extensive working knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Solid experience with source code/configuration management, automated continuous integration, build and deployment process and tools - GitHub, Gradle, Jenkins, Ansible, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate on an interdisciplinary team to solve problems
- Self-starter with a positive attitude, intellectual curiosity and a passion for developing analytics software for solving real-world challenges
- Experience in working with data scientists on building data analytical systems for integrating, processing and analyzing data (structured and unstructured), especially in the field of medical diagnosis, enterprise operations, customer support, etc.
- Demonstrable skills in creative-problem-solving of complex and advanced technical subject matter
- Desire to learn how to build enterprise-class software with quality and speed
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer , Service Analytics
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tijuana, Mexico MX