Location: Tijuana, Mexico MX
Requisition Number: 212101
Location: Tijuana, BC, Mexico
Teradata Service Analytics team is dedicated to providing the best customer support experience for our customers by automating and transforming technical support from reactive to proactive using data and analytics. Specifically, we are developing an analytics software system which will:
- Utilize data and analytics to predict customer operational issues
- Proactively provide solutions to avoid impact to customer operations
- Enable customers to quickly and easily resolve known technical issues through self-service
- Automatically assist Customer Support Associates to quickly resolve customer issues
As a data scientist, you will work in collaboration with other members to research, design, prototype, test and document novel algorithms and predictive analytics for automated, near real time decision making. On a daily basis, you will work with datasets performing tasks such as data integration, data cleansing, exploratory analysis, predictive modeling (including rules engines), rapid prototyping, and analytics operations once the model is release into production. You will present findings to teammates and guide the transition of new algorithms into operational code. You will also serve as a point person for collaborations with various stakeholders including subject matter experts, business owners, business analysts, software engineers, data engineers, and upper management.
- Master’s or PhD degree in a related discipline (Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, etc)
- 3+ years of related experience gained through a combination of academic studies (including graduate student studies) and work experience
- Prior work and/or research demonstrating experience in the following areas
- Exploratory Data Analysis: Querying data, providing statistics
- Data mining: discovery of patterns & signals in data or anomaly detection
- Model Development: Decision trees, probabilistic reasoning, neural networks, clustering, case based reasoning, rules engines
- Collaboration: Working in team environments with multiple disciplines and work styles
- Natural language processing and text analysis
- Quantitative reasoning: Drawing conclusions from data and generating actionable information
- Software engineering: Ability to work with team members to implement algorithms
- Operations: Monitoring and maintaining models in production
- Extensive knowledge of Python (must include SciPy, NumPy, Pandas, Jupyter Notebooks)
- Experience working with SQL databases
- Excellent quantitative reasoning and creative problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with and lead an interdisciplinary team members to solve problems
- Self-starter with a positive attitude, intellectual curiosity and a passion for analytics and solving real world problems
- Experience in customer service domain
- Experience with machine telemetry
Community / Marketing Title: Data Scientist
Job Category: Customer Support
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tijuana, Mexico MX