Staff Cloud Release Engineer
Location: Pune, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 212082
Teradata (NYSE: TDC), the cloud analytics company delivering Pervasive Data Intelligence, transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data. We leverage 100% of the relevant data, all of the time, so businesses can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter. This is called pervasive data intelligence, powered by the cloud. And it’s the answer to the complexity, cost and inadequacy of today’s approach to analytics. This position is part of the Vantage Cloud and Applications Team. This team provides customers with Vantage as a Service increasing choice and flexibility in public cloud.
This role is within the Cloud Engineering and Services India organization and the responsibilities for the person joining this role shall include:
- Responsible for handling release activities and processes for Vantage Platform Cloud releases on all supported public cloud infrastructure and be the go-to person from the engineering side for Infrastructure Provisioning, Security, Upgrades & Patches.
- Design, develop and support new release pipelines, builds, tools (dashboard), to instantiate and monitor release specific requests.
- Collaborating and Coordinating with product engineering, cloud engineering, program management to streamline and code-push activities from different repositories to a single mechanism.
- Driving force in managing and coordinating cloud service engineering scrum teams and processes.
Skills and Experience that will be useful in a candidate for this role includes:
- Strong hands-on experience (8-10+ years) in building, managing, assembling and deployment of code artifacts on public cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure or Google Cloud).
- Deep understanding of Source Code Management / Version Control Management (GIT, SVN)
- Experience in automated deployment and tests management tools (Ansible, Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Engineer at heart and has programming background (Python preferred).
- Solid foundation on iterative and incremental development methodologies.
- Experience facilitating cloud-engineering scrum teams, including conducting ceremonies related to sprint definition, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, etc .
- Understanding employing Cloud DevOps techniques, including continuous integration and continuous deployment is definitely a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Cloud Release Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN