Senior Cloud Software Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 212074
Senior Cloud Software Engineer
Location: San Diego or El Segundo, CA
Teradata’s Cloud Database Organization is looking for a Senior Cloud Software Engineer. We are looking for a candidate to join our cutting-edge development organization that is at the forefront of our “Teradata Everywhere” strategy.
Teradata Labs, the technology research and development (R&D) organization within Teradata Corporation, has been turning innovative decision support technology into business results for over 40 years. Our R&D team of architects, database developers, and cloud engineers work to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions.
What You’ll Do
- Design, implement, and unit test new features for the Teradata database while leveraging agile and continuous delivery methodologies
- Perform functional and performance analysis of code defects and correction of defects
- Contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle by designing and implementing complex features for the product
- Perform competitive analysis of other database management systems, other data integration solutions, and recommend Teradata cloud database changes to close competitive gaps or to enhance competitive advantages
- Analyze requirements for complex feature development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or another related field required or equivalent work experience
- Hands-on experience with virtualization and/or cloud computing technology
- 10+ years of experience developing enterprise-level software in Ruby, Python, Java, C++, and/or Go
- 10+ years of experience with code versioning tools such as Git
- 10+ years of experience with continuous integration, automated unit testing
- 10+ years of experience with Web architectures and services (HTTP, REST, sockets, JSON, multi-threading, etc.)
- Exposure to Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with application monitoring tools (Datadog, Splunk, New Relic, etc.)
- Familiarity with AWS or other public clouds and have built apps leveraging its offerings (S3, SNS/SQS, DynamoDB, EC2, Kinesis, Cloud Formations, etc.)
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience with Zookeeper
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Cloud Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US