Financial Planning Manager
Location: Peachtree Corners, Georgia US
Requisition Number: 212059
The Planning Manager provides financial leadership to the VPs of select industries in the United States and Canada within the Teradata Americas Region Sales organization. This person will be expected to lead the financial analysis of growth initiatives including annual planning and budget process management. The Planning Manager must have advanced analytical skills and a high level of business acumen to assist the Vice Presidents in making financial business decisions as well as long-range financial plans. On a day-to-day basis, this support includes financial leadership with recommendations to support the total business while enabling the Vice President to more efficiently and effectively manage the business and grow revenue and improve profitability. The Planning Manager will have direct supervisory responsibility for two planning analysts and is expected to be a player-coach.
Possible locations for the position include our Peachtree Corners (Atlanta), GA location or possibly our headquarters in San Diego. We offer a hybrid in-office/work-from-home schedule. We will also consider virtual arrangements for candidates not near an office.
- Strong supervisory skills working with professional skilled financial analysts in a highly collaborative environment
- Exceptional business acumen with the ability to understand and analyze financial data to propose solutions to drive the business and understand long-term business impacts
- Ability to converse, explain and educate complex financial topics to senior management and articulate their impact to the overall financial health of the business
- Cross functional leadership skills to drive understanding and sound business decisions
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills with the ability to communicate through all levels of the organization.
- Identify and drive on-going process improvements and efficiencies
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in highly dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 years related work experience; minimum of 5 years management in a FP&A capacity
- Previous Supervisory experience preferred
- Proven track record of working with Senior Management to drive business improvements
- Demonstrated success managing and developing financial professionals
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Strong ability to analyze business information, and identify and communicate recommendations that contribute to achieving business objectives and financial goals
- Demonstrated ability to build effective cross-functional relationships
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and experienced in working with planning and lead generation tools
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: Peachtree Corners
Community / Marketing Title: Financial Planning Manager
Job Category: Finance
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Peachtree Corners, Georgia US