Global Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Manager
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 212056
The People team at Teradata is in transformation mode – we are building innovative, high-impact solutions for the business and setting the tone for how our employees experience life at Teradata. You will be joining a team of passionate experts who are intentional about building and nurturing a culture that sets us apart – making Teradata’s talent a true competitive advantage.
You’ll play a key role on our global Talent team as a DEI subject matter expert contributing perspective, insights, and knowledge, while driving initiatives linked to an organization-wide strategy to create a more equitable and inclusive environment that enables all employees to do their best work.
Reporting to the Director of Global Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, and partnering with key stakeholders inside and outside the team, you will develop, drive, and deliver initiatives that lead to meaningful results aligned to our DEI strategy.
- Partner with our Inclusion Group leadership teams to increase their impact and grow their membership.
- Develop a culture of allyship by providing education and concrete ways for all employees to get involved in creating an inclusive, equitable workplace.
- Oversee vendor evaluation and management, using a data driven approach to measure impact and make investments in areas with the greatest impact.
- Manage DE&I related communications internal and external to the company, partnering with communications and social media teams to highlight events, celebrations, and holidays.
- Deliver trainings and lead or participate in events related to diversity, equity, and inclusion, acting as a Teradata representative for external facing events. Provide communications support to drive awareness and participation.
- Act as a first point of contact for DEI related issues from employees.
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team to enable and support the attraction and hiring of world-class diverse talent into Teradata.
- Provide educational and consultation support to the People team as a content expert for diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Expand global reach of DEI programs by partnering with regional DEI champions to execute on local programming.
- Partner with our Workforce Analytics team to develop and analyze metrics for measuring progress and effectiveness of the diversity, equity and inclusion strategy.
- 8+years of work experience, with direct experience in diversity, equity and inclusion required.
- Demonstrated understanding of the research, best practices and trends in the D&I space
- Program management skills – ability to lead and work effectively across multiple priorities, drive progress against DEI goals and manage stakeholders at varying levels of leadership.
- Strong Interpersonal Communication Skills - Comfortable communicating and partnering effectively across global organizational boundaries through multiple mechanisms – email, verbal updates, power point presentations, Webex, etc. Highly capable of influencing across all levels in the organization. Capable of deescalating and diffusing tough situations and having critical conversations with compassion and conviction.
- High Accountability – own outcomes and drive high quality results.
- Strong Analytical skills- with the ability to interpret data and translate into actionable insights, recommendations and action plans.
- Global Perspective – ability to work with stakeholders across boarders and understand region specific needs
- Proven change management capabilities and skills; demonstrated success in driving initiatives across functions, levels and regions
Our Ideal Candidate
You are a professional, empathetic, and caring leader who makes others feel safe sharing their experiences with you. You are passionate about creating equitable and inclusive workplaces and someone who wants to make a difference – a meaningful, measurable difference. You are collaborative and action oriented. You can roll up your sleeves to pitch in and step back and let others lead depending on the situation.
You have a global mindset, cultural sensitivity and an appreciation for and ability to speak to the importance of diversity and inclusion. You demonstrate strong project and program management discipline with the ability to independently prioritize and track complex, competing schedules; proactively anticipate and complete tasks; and self-initiate programs. You partner and work across boundaries to assess best ways to operationalize, deploy programs. You are organized and have keen attention to detail and use data to make compelling business cases and recommendations.
And finally, you want to learn and grow in your work experience and have some fun while doing it.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Global Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Manager
Job Category: Human Resources
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US