Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 212042
The Architect of HR technology solutions reporting to the Director of Information Technology Services (ITS) Applications, will be accountable for the application/platform architecture, supporting Teradata’s employees as well as the HR business function.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Configuration/Design Expertise: Provide configuration and design consultation across all Workday activities. Provide configuration leadership and expertise in multiple modules in the Workday HCM suite (HCM Core, Compensation, Absence, Talent and Performance) and Workday Security
- Business Process Improvement: Collaborates with HR Management, Payroll, Finance, and IT teams to understand system end-user needs and provides recommendations to keep Workday business processes simple and efficient.
- Best Practices: Provide best practice info and thought leadership on how best to leverage Workday.
- Roadmap: You will be driving the overall roadmap / solution implementation strategy (in other words, what parts of Workday to adopt, when to roll them out). This will also include guiding and leading business users in the configuration of Workday.
- Automation: Drive automation. Drive Security Governance and Management across all modules.
- Integrations: Continuously improve Workday Integrations and its relevant processes by leveraging innovative and latest technology developments through new implementation and enhancements to existing ones. Facilitate knowledge sharing and mentoring of the Workday Integration team
- Security: Oversees Workday system security including the creation of new roles and security groups as needed.
- Stakeholder management: Manage internal customer relationships with our business partners and stakeholders & champion the employee and business stakeholder experience
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or equivalent
- Certification(s) required
- 5+ years of experience with Workday cloud enterprise applications as a Technical Architect, Solution Architect, or Enterprise Architect.
- End-to-end functional HR business processes (a plus).
- Have a deep understanding of how system configuration impacts processes inside and outside of Workday
- Configuration and support experience with Workday Core HCM and Compensation/Advanced Compensation/Recruiting
- Experience with Payroll systems architecture, design, and implementation.
- Experience with development, implementation, and integration of Workday HCM.
- Self-starter, self-motivated, able to work independently, prioritize effectively, and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision
- Proven ability to continuously improve outcomes and processes.
- Experience influencing, and presenting to, senior IT and business stakeholders
- Effectively use data to make better decisions.
- Responsible for master data.
- Ability to establish and manage priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to execute swiftly without compromising quality.
- Exhibits acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Solution Architect-Remote
Job Category: IT
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US