DevOps Engineer (II)
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 212041
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Our Quality & Tools group enables our development teams to build world-class products for both on-premises and cloud-based solutions. We work with the top public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud), as well as a large private cloud deployment on VMware.
Our engineers contribute to the vision of the team, discussing technological options, and experimenting with new ideas. In our Teradata team, we teach and learn from each other which helps us to harness the enthusiasm of everybody to pull in the same direction.
If you have a passion for automation, a cloud-first mindset, and see yourself thriving as a member of one of our fast-paced, high-performance teams, then this might be the right opportunity for you.
To be successful in this position, you will excel at working with different technology and people, automating recurring tasks, and developing solutions that contribute toward a framework for centralized testing and data analysis for our product teams.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Contribute to improving the speed and efficiency of our testing environment by designing and creating new services using top DevOps tools
- Collaborate with product teams on integrating tests into our centralized test framework
- Contribute to product team releases through development of end-to-end testing automation
- Enhance existing tests to support new product features and quality initiatives
Required Skills and Experience
- US Permanent Residence
- BS or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Test Automation
- Experience with Python
- Working knowledge and experience with Linux operating systems and shell scripting
- Experience working in one or more hybrid cloud environments (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and VMware)
- Passion for the elegance and efficiency afforded by test automation
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Motivated self-starter, with a high capacity for rapid learning and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Good organizational and time management skills to work on multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Good understanding of database internals and SQL Programming
- Teradata Database administration experience
- Knowledge or experience with Kubernetes and using Docker containers
- Experience with Jenkins to build, test, and deploy software
- Experience using Github for source control management
- Experience in full-stack development
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance methodology
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: DevOps Engineer (II)
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US