Americas Industry Consultant Velocity Sales Team Leader
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 212039
Americas Industry Consultant Team Leader
Location: US, virtual
As the region leader for an Industry Consultant Team, you will build and manage the Americas team of industry consultants supporting the Velocity Sales Organization (VSO). Partnering with the VSO Sales Leaders, you will develop and execute a well-defined strategy that aligns the capabilities and skills of your team to support winning new logo customers and achieving revenue targets. The Industry team you will lead will not only directly support the sales team, but also act as the center of excellence, thought leadership and field enablement to drive business value opportunities within the VSO. You and your team will be expected to help identify and lead new business value opportunities, create industry assets and collateral that differentiate Teradata in the marketplace, identify and partner with key ISV’s and CSP’s that ultimately lead to the acquisition of new accounts.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop plan, goals, operating and organization model for team in conjunction with region leadership that delivers on the new logo and revenue plan for the business
- Review and manage team roster, assignments and align to TD strategy and industry team plan
- Manage team performance, prioritizing activities and resolving account support issues
- Develop Industry Consultants as true thought leaders, able to successfully ideate and message across the vertical
- Supports the management of the selling process across all areas of the vertical business and closes sales of software, consulting services and analytic solutions
- Supports the direction for and prioritizes the team resources for account planning, business development meetings, managing the selling process and closing sales opportunities
- Create reusable strategies, techniques, and processes for leveraging customer information and translating to defined and measurable business value via Teradata differentiation
- Create and execute a plan, business case and collaborate with internal orgs to develop, launch, and integrate field developed business value assets
- Work directly with Region ecosystem partner team to develop an effective plan for improving market penetration and delivery capabilities via partners
- Create and execute a plan to inspire, train, align and enable all resources matrixed into the industry team
- Engage with peers to bring in expertise and specialized sales resources from other teams as needed.
- Builds and manages relationships with client decision makers including but not limited to the C-suite.
- Serves as executive sponsor to clients as needed
- 12 years or more of relevant business management experience, specifically in owning or supporting an analytics software & services P&L of $125M+ annual revenue, experience in recurring revenue models or equivalent industry / client-side experience as an analytics buyer of similar scale
- Has personally led the creation of new business opportunities and built an execution plan that includes a defined strategy and approach that led to a successful close
- Able to clearly and succinctly present industry business trends and analytics / emerging solutions and the impact of those trends to diverse audiences including external media
- Proven track record of leading a direct team of highly skilled, industry-based professionals including sales, innovation and thought leadership based skillsets
- Ability / experience to create and execute a field led sales asset development plan, integrating with Sales efforts, Partners and liaising with Product & Technology team on product roadmap
- Customer relationship management experience, particularly at the C-suite level
- Proven skills in effectively developing and enabling relevant messaging for business buyers
- Ability to apply critical thinking to develop and solve business challenges
- Ability to effectively prioritize key activities and delegate as needed
This position is working in a virtual office environment, including home office & customer sites. A combination of independent work and team collaboration will be required. Travel is also expected. Expectation will be that you are onsite and customer facing a minimum of three days a week.
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Americas Industry Consultant Velocity Sales Team Leader
Job Category: Sales
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US