Location: Pune, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 212015
Role – Software Engineer
Job Location – Mumbai/ Pune
Teradata is looking for highly motivated and experienced individuals to join our Global Consulting Center (GDC) Software Engineering (SE) team as a Software Engineer. To be part of the data revolution by performing hands on data analysis and developing analytical solutions to produce working concepts, along with managing multiple initiatives for cross-functional data analytics needs. This position will help drive growth in the adoption of advanced analytics in India, as well as our International Regions.
Your primary focus will be on, but not limited to, helping clients identify how they can drive more business value from data. This is a project-oriented position in either onsite or offsite situations having accountability for managing client expectations while delivering the services and solutions associated with the Teradata database. The Consultant provides technical services related to analysis, design, build, performance tuning, testing and integration of all components of project life cycle in conjunction with other project team members on a specific client engagement. This position will combine direct client consulting engagement activities, new solution development and analytics positioning responsibilities.
Position Description/Major Responsibilities:
- Maintain, design, code, debug and test enhancements.
- Ability to take ownership of design and implementation of new features
- Write feature, design and test specifications.
- Perform requirements analysis, performance analysis and problem analysis.
- Give technical guidance and enhance competitive advantage for Teradata database.
- Proficiency with server side languages such as Java, PHP or .Net.
- Good knowledge of Java framework such as Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Data Rest, RESTful API
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle and MongoDB.
- Good knowledge of JBPM(Java Business Process Management), MLE, Load balancers
- Knowledge of IDE(IntelliJ, Eclipse) etc.
- Knowledge of Git, Maven or similar tools is a must
- Knowledge of continuous integration using Jenkins or similar CI/CD tools is a must.
- Good knowledge of Docker
- Strong analytical abilities involving complex software and ability to quickly understand current system design and code
- Good debugging skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- 6 – 10 years of experience
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Graduate or Master’s degree in Computer Science.
- Considerable programming experience in Java language and related web technologies
- Should be a fast learner with very good written and oral communication skills.
- Should have the ability to understand, and work with, complex software.
- Should be open to learn new tools & technologies.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN