Senior Business Analyst
Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AU
Requisition Number: 211979
Teradata Professional Services Role Description: Senior Business Analyst
The Teradata Business Analyst role is a multi-faceted role active as part of end-to-end project delivery as well as in pre-sales cycles for business exploration.
Teradata Business Analysts are responsible for helping to define their analytic outcomes and then delivery of the business analytics workstream for Teradata services delivery and must have a deep understanding of the business domain as well as the fine points of the data arena: data warehousing, big data, data usage, tools and analytics, to extract the correct requirements from our clients.
Key responsibilities / accountabilities:
You must have high levels of self-motivation, excellent relationship management and the ability to communicate with both technical and business stakeholders in industry-appropriate terminology.
On engagement, you will be responsible for the full business analytics workstream using Teradata methodologies and processes, including but not limited to -
- Helping to define strategic and tactical analytic outcomes for business
- Development and implementation of data governance framework
- Workstream scoping, planning and execution
- Requirements management and associated documentation management
- Communications and stakeholder management.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience using data with advanced analytics, business intelligence, data warehouse applications, and big data analytics.
- Development and implementation of data strategy outcomes for clients
- A strong understand of Data Governance and the experience and ability to assist clients implement data governance polices and capabilities
- Data analysis including data transformation rules specification
- Familiarity with both traditional and agile IT project delivery and development cycles
- Excellent written and oral English, with experience preparing and managing documentation of senior level client deliverables
- Information gathering techniques such as workshops, meeting facilitation and interviewing experience
- Requirements documentation techniques; Epics, User Stories, Use Cases, Functional, Non-functional.
- Experience in prototyping techniques.
- Experience using diagramming techniques to visualise data flows, current and future state process diagrams.
- Industry experience from one or more core industries (finance, insurance, retail, government)
- Business organisation change implementation and management
- Experience or knowledge of testing methodologies and supporting business users with UAT testing
Technical Competencies- Understanding and/or experience in the following:
- Experience with and understanding of data architectures (staging, integration and semantic layers)
- Ability to understand relational and dimensional data models.
- Knowledge of analytic/programming languages e.g. SQL, Python or R
- Understanding of BI toolset spectrum and relevant usage, such as with data visualization and reporting
- Understanding of advanced analytics and data science
- Requirements management tools: (e.g. JIRA, Quality Centre)
- 10+ years in Business analysis or data analysis experience
- Qualifications in IT related domain
Other Requirements: All applicants must be an Australian citizen and be able to obtain a Federal Government security clearance.
- Detail focused, resourceful, decisive, problem-solver, flexible and adaptable
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong skills in stakeholder management and customer service; able to manage complex relationships and organisations
- Organisational competence and the ability to communicate at all levels, experience with large and high-profile organisations
- Strong influencing skills to manage key decision-makers in highly political environments
- Working effectively in multi-disciplinary and cross-organisational teams
- Fast learner, able to quickly learn and understand new technical and business concepts
Benefits: By joining us you will have the opportunity for personal growth. You will be part of the Asia Pacific Business Analysis Practice within Teradata. The Practice provides access to training and career path progression.
Teradata is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of our business. We are excited by the unique qualities, abilities, and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered on all the fundamentals they may bring to the role and the team.
State: Australian Capital Territory
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Business Analyst
Job Category: Services
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AU