Senior Solution Architect
Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AU
Requisition Number: 211977
Teradata Consulting Role Description
Senior Solution Architect
The Solution Architect has deep knowledge of a stack of technologies required for a client’s solution.
The Solution Architect defines the logical and physical architecture blueprints for a project and works with the Ecosystem Architect to determine technology and implementation choices and tradeoffs.
The Solution Architect has consulting and people leadership skills targeting client Enterprise Architects and Project Tech Leads.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Define logical architecture and/or physical layers for a client solution
- Define and develop architecture for integration of the Ecosystem Architecture components into the client’s Analytic Ecosystem.
- Provides direct support for solution delivery teams. Works directly with the Teradata Ecosystem Architect and other consultants.
- Work with Teradata project managers to scope projects and develop a statement of work, project plan, and risk analysis.
- Provide architecture thought leadership and actively participate in the design, implementation, and roll-out efforts.
- Solution Expert with Implementation Experience - Has been or is now actively involved in technical consulting engagements
- Deep technical experience in some significant portion of the analytic ecosystem technologies, and knowledgeable in others to connect appropriate dots for a given solution
- Expertise in Teradata or other major RDBMS - Has been or is currently actively involved in designing and or implementing projects that include Teradata or other major RDBMS such as IBM DB2, Oracle, AWS Redshift etc.
- Expertise documenting technical systems architectures and explaining the systems so that both developers and technical (IT) managers can understand the rationale behind the design.
- Expertise in On-Premises and Cloud –
- Can define architectures covering on-premises, cloud, and hybrid of on-premises combined with cloud.
- Demonstrate an understanding of cloud computing and cloud native tools from at least one of the following CSPs (Google Cloud, Azure or AWS).
- Experience in designing and transferring applications to the cloud is a plus.
- Identifies and Utilizes Design Patterns - Promotes reuse through actions, identifies and develops emerging patterns
- Consulting and leadership skills targeted at customer project roles
- Targets Audience Appropriately - Transitions between architects and implementers at appropriate level for audience
- Articulate and persuasive - Can present as a solution team leader and influence decisions
All applicants must be an Australian citizen and be able to obtain a Federal Government security clearance.
Teradata is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of our business. We are excited by the unique qualities, abilities, and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered on all the fundamentals they may bring to the role and the team.
State: Australian Capital Territory
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Solution Architect
Job Category: Services
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AU