Senior Solution Architect
Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Requisition Number: 211977
Teradata Consulting Role Description
Senior Solution Architect
The Solution Architect has deep knowledge of a stack of technologies required for a client’s solution.
The Solution Architect defines the logical and physical architecture blueprints for a project and works with the Ecosystem Architect to determine technology and implementation choices and tradeoffs.
The Solution Architect has consulting and people leadership skills targeting client Enterprise Architects and Project Tech Leads.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Define logical architecture and/or physical layers for a client solution
- Define and develop architecture for integration of the Ecosystem Architecture components into the client’s Analytic Ecosystem.
- Provides direct support for solution delivery teams. Works directly with the Teradata Ecosystem Architect and other consultants.
- Work with Teradata project managers to scope projects and develop a statement of work, project plan, and risk analysis.
- Provide architecture thought leadership and actively participate in the design, implementation, and roll-out efforts.
- Solution Expert with Implementation Experience - Has been or is now actively involved in technical consulting engagements
- Deep technical experience in some significant portion of the analytic ecosystem technologies, and knowledgeable in others to connect appropriate dots for a given solution
- Expertise in Teradata or other major RDBMS - Has been or is currently actively involved in designing and or implementing projects that include Teradata or other major RDBMS such as IBM DB2, Oracle, AWS Redshift etc.
- Expertise documenting technical systems architectures and explaining the systems so that both developers and technical (IT) managers can understand the rationale behind the design.
- Expertise in On-Premises and Cloud –
- Can define architectures covering on-premises, cloud, and hybrid of on-premises combined with cloud.
- Demonstrate an understanding of cloud computing and cloud native tools from at least one of the following CSPs (Google Cloud, Azure or AWS).
- Experience in designing and transferring applications to the cloud is a plus.
- Identifies and Utilizes Design Patterns - Promotes reuse through actions, identifies and develops emerging patterns
- Consulting and leadership skills targeted at customer project roles
- Targets Audience Appropriately - Transitions between architects and implementers at appropriate level for audience
- Articulate and persuasive - Can present as a solution team leader and influence decisions
All applicants must be an Australian citizen and be able to obtain a Federal Government security clearance.
Teradata is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of our business. We are excited by the unique qualities, abilities, and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered on all the fundamentals they may bring to the role and the team.
State: Australian Capital Territory
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Solution Architect
Job Category: Services
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AU