Director, Software Engineering
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 211964
Director of Engineering
Teradata is the world's largest company focused on integrated data warehousing, big data analytics, and business applications. Our powerful solutions portfolio and database are the foundation on which we’ve built our leadership position in business intelligence and are designed to address any business or technology need for companies of all sizes
Teradata Labs, the technology research and development (R&D) organization within Teradata, has been turning innovative decision support technology into business results for over 30 years. Our R&D team of analytic architects, database developers and engineers work to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions.
This position will be located in Hyderabad and will be responsible for leading an expert team(s) of Architects, Senior Managers, Engineers and test Engineers creating Teradata’s next generation migration product the new Data Transfer Utility. It is a technical leadership role focusing on delivering projects in the Teradata Data Management team.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Collaborate with Product Management and Teradata Innovation Office to define the roadmap for DTU.
- Execution to the roadmap
- Accountability for delivering a quality product
- Adhere to, and innovate/improve, technology and process standards.
- Provide technical consulting services for pre and post sales teams to include content generation and internal and external presentations
- Facilitate cross organizational collaboration of product definitions and designs for development teams to leverage
- Research customer needs and requirements with Product Management
- Represent technology and solutions to customer and prospects
- Facilitate a fun and learning environment which is agile and customer focused
- Provide technical support for escalated customer incidents
- Empower members at all levels of the organization by clearly communicating the “why, what, and how” their contributions fit into the larger picture.
- Attract top talent and develop a cross-functional high-performing team of subject matter experts who can be applied throughout the organization based on need.
- Develop strategies that leverage organic, structured and partnership approaches to increase the direct interaction, coordination and communication channels with customers and their use cases.
- Appropriately organize and present pertinent information (status, options, decisions) required by management to make effective decisions.
- Deliver innovative solutions that meet existing and future market/business needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, sustainability, security and timelines of our enterprise customer base.
This position is located at the Teradata India R&D center location in Hyderabad; a highly technical environment with highly skilled technical associates.
Skills & Attributes:
This position requires both broad and deep knowledge of data platforms, data management and movement technology including parallel processing, micro services concepts, APIs, tools and integration techniques. The person in this role will possess good presentation skills and the ability to communicate with various levels of management and technical staff. The ideal candidate has:
Technical / Professional Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline.
- Minimum 10 years in software development engineering contributing towards all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
- Minimum 5 years of cross-functional leadership roles in technology related companies including business strategy, product management, engineering and operations.
- Advocate and experienced implementer of Agile software development principles and practices in an enterprise software development environment.
- Experience with large RDBMS and Data Movement
- Experience with Application Security, Access Control and Auditing
- Experience with private and public Cloud platforms (VMWare, AWS, Azure)
- Experience with Systems management and automation
- Experience with DevOps methodology and enabling solutions
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Test-Driven Development best practices
Leadership, Management and Relationship Building Skills
- Strong analytical acumen, communication and presentation skills necessary for relationship building with business leaders and teams across to deliver timely collaborative solutions.
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills – servant leader who collaboratively influences across a complex, global organization to drive direction. Strong facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to explain complex technical issues in a way that non-technical people may understand.
- Superior organizational skills and an affinity for detail. Able to simultaneously manage multiple, mission-critical projects and the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong team builder and coach that develops direct reports and top talent across organization.
- Proven ability to recruit, motivate and develop a high performing team that raises the bar in defining functional excellence.
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Software Engineering
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN