Location: SAO PAULO, Sao Paulo BR
Requisition Number: 211957
LOCATION: SAO PAULO, BRAZIL
The Solution Engineer (SE) is an expert technologist, responsible for promoting Teradata solutions to customers and prospects and for establishing and developing “trusted advisor” status relationships in a target account from the DBA to the CIO. A “T-shaped professional”, the SE understands Teradata technology intimately and also has a good understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of relevant partner and competitor analytic technologies. The SE is a hands-on professional with demonstrable expertise in architecting, designing and delivering analytic data platforms who is as comfortable giving a technical demonstration or in providing specific and relevant advice and guidance on how a new feature should be deployed in a customer’s particular environment as they are in delivering presentations to senior business leaders. In addition, the SE is committed to life-long learning and personal development and is also committed to sharing hard-won knowledge and expertise with peers and the wider Teradata organization.
Successful candidates will -
- Be assigned to seven or more target accounts and partner with the Account Executive to define a relevant, actionable account strategy and plan;
- Understand and document the client’s “as is” analytical ecosystem architecture and define a “to be” architecture that addresses client strategy and requirements, supports the growth of the Teradata platform and mitigates competitive threats;
- Drive sales and usage of Teradata software and services by acting as a trusted technical advisor to the client;
- Provide technical leadership to the extended Teradata account team and ensure that other relevant SMEs are engaged at appropriate points throughout the sales cycle;
- Work with the extended account team to identify new workloads that can be brought to the platform and opportunities to leverage new features and functions to optimize existing workloads; be accountable for customer success;
- Deal with ambiguity and propose creative solutions that leverage informed assumptions based on his/her experience and expertise where only partial information is available to him/her;
- Work with the extended Teradata consulting team to scope projects and develop appropriate SOWs, project plans and risk analyses;
- Actively participate in the design, implementation, and roll-out of solutions to ensure that customer requirements are met or exceeded and in order to understand the real-world strengths and weaknesses of Teradata solution offerings; ensure that appropriate learning is captured, best-practices are updated and that feedback is provided to the product and engineering teams, as required;
- Continuously develop own consulting and technology skills and ensure that he/she stays abreast of the relevant industry developments, including the emergence and evolution of new competitive threats;
- Share hard-won skills and experience with peers and colleagues throughout the organization.
Successful candidates must -
- Be passionate and enthusiastic about data, analytics and Teradata;
- Have at least 5+ years hands-on experience in architecting, designing, delivering or optimizing Data Warehouse and/or Data Lake solutions;
- Be a clear, confident and persuasive communicator, with excellent presentation skills and with the ability to structure a coherent, logical argument and the confidence to defend assumptions, projections and recommendations;
- Demonstrate a keen interest and understanding of developments in the data and analytic technology marketplace and the trends are driving the adoption of new analytic technologies;
- Be proficient in the use of both written and spoken business English;
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and people skills.
- English/portuguese advanced level (spoken/written)
Successful candidates will preferably -
- Have a background in technology consulting and relevant pre-sales experience;
- Demonstrate relevant domain expertise in at least one industry vertical (e.g.: Telcom, Banking, etc) or one horizontal (e.g.: CRM);
- Be familiar with SQL and at least one other relevant analytic programming language;
- Have a degree level qualification in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline.
- Solution Expert with Implementation Experience - Has been or is now actively involved in technical consulting engagements
- Deep technical experience in some significant portion of the analytic ecosystem technologies, and knowledgeable in others to connect appropriate dots for a given solution
- Expertise in Hadoop and Open Source - Has been or is currently actively involved in designing and or implementing projects that include Hadoop and Open Source options
- Expertise in Teradata and Commercial - Has been or is currently actively involved in designing and or implementing projects that include Teradata and other commercial options
- Expertise in On-Premises and Cloud - Can define architectures covering on-premises, cloud, and hybrid of on-premises combined with cloud
- Expertise documenting technical systems architectures and explaining the systems so that both developers and technical (IT) managers can understand the rationale behind the design.
- Architecture Framework Expertise - Expertise on Teradata Architecture Framework
- Adopts Architecture Principles - Adopts and validates the architecture definition against Teradata's architecture principles
- Identifies and Utilizes Design Patterns - Promotes reuse through actions, identifies and develops emerging patterns
City: SAO PAULO
State: Sao Paulo
Community / Marketing Title: Solution Engineer
Job Category: Sales
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: SAO PAULO, Sao Paulo BR