Senior Staff Database Optimizer Engineer (Virtual, US)
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 211940
Senior Staff Database Optimizer Engineer
Location: San Diego/Seattle/El Segundo (Virtual US considered)
Teradata is a market-leading hybrid and multi-cloud analytics provider. Our Cloud Database team has a dedicated focus on extending core technology and interfaces to be fully cloud-native to better enable ease of use, elasticity, and enhanced ecosystem integration. Engineers who join our team will work on fundamental re-design and innovation in core database technology to enable the strongest cloud capabilities.
What You'll Do
- Design, implement, and unit test query optimization features for Teradata database software leveraging agile and continuous delivery methodologies.
- Bring out-of-the-box ideas to improve query performance that fits into the share-nothing architecture.
- Review and the architecture and design of optimizer features and other features that interact with query optimizer and recommend enhancements.
- Perform competitive analysis of other database management systems, other data integration solutions, and recommend Teradata cloud database changes to close competitive gaps or to enhance competitive advantages.
- Work closely with Database Front Line and Customer Support team to provide technical guidance to minimize customer turnaround time
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- Ability to work in the US without sponsorship, as this role does not provide sponsorship for visas
- 8+ years of engineering experience, contributing towards all aspects of an Agile SDLC
- 8+ years experience developing and working on Database Query Optimzer
- 8+ years of experience in C++ and C programming language and LINUX/UNIX kernel interfaces
- Experience with SQL and database technologies including a thorough understanding of database logical and physical design concepts
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark
- Strong analytical abilities involving complex software in a parallel processing environment
- Ability to explain complex technical issues in a way that non-technical people may understand
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the email@example.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Staff Database Optimizer Engineer (Virtual, US)
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US