Leader, Cloud Customer Support Engineering
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 211939
The Teradata Global Support Organization is seeking a leader for our team of Technical Support Engineers who are responsible for providing 24/7 technical support for Cloud customers and transforming the Teradata Cloud Support landscape. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of enterprise customer support, SaaS/PaaS operations, and product performance behaviors with the ability to clearly articulate strategic and tactical decisions and findings with a strong focus on effective problem resolution. Extensive experience with leading a globally dispersed 24x7 organization is required.
What You'll Do
- Lead the technical support team responsible for providing 24/7 support for Cloud customers
- Own all incidents/problems escalated to the support team and be accountable for the execution of the resolution process
- Manage the incident backlog to support the achievement of resolution guidelines and collaborate with other delivery teams to ensure a seamless end-to-end solution to the end-user or collaborating team
- Lead analysis of customer incidents on a regular basis to reduce time to resolve and eliminate if possible
- Be responsible for the evaluation and continuous improvement of existing support tools, processes, and procedures to identify new opportunities for further proactive alerting, data backing, and automation to increase efficiency and effectiveness, both short-term and long-term, for the team and the organization
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product Management teams on designing and implementing reliability, availability, and supportability features, performing acceptance tests, creating knowledge, training support team members, fixing critical customer issues, and contributing and influencing Cloud roadmap especially around customer quality and usability
- Work with Support Product Managers on analyzing incident trends and identifying challenges and improvement opportunities on supportability and serviceability of the corresponding cloud technologies, solutions, and services
- Manage inter-organization dependencies and ensures smooth collaboration with strategic partners and vendors
- Lead team on piloting modern support strategies and methodologies and advocate these strategies to other teams
- Proactively assess, plan and ensure team capacity, composition, and competency, strategically assemble and build teams to completely oversee Cloud Support
- Coach team members to create an engaging environment of high performance and continuous professional development
- Interface with executives internally and externally, acting as the subject matter expert regarding issues related to Cloud customers
Skills and Experience Required
- Proven strong people management skills and the ability to lead, plan, and manage multiple competing complex projects
- Results-oriented with strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and customers and to anticipate the needs of customers
- Able to troubleshoot complex software problems and dive into technical details in large enterprise data analytics platforms and software applications as needed.
- Capable of presenting problem resolution process, root cause analysis, and activities underway in technical and tactical terms to customer-facing teams and customers when warranted.
- Experience with LEAN analysis, 5 Whys, and design of experiments to drive continuous improvement.
- Proven capability to effectively work cross-functionally with other internal and external partner organizations.
- Experienced in managing a diverse group of support engineers and geographically dispersed teams
- Able to leverage practical means for influencing people without having direct authority.
- Seasoned in the recruitment of candidates for technical positions
- Able to recognize and distinguish performance, capable of providing constructive feedback
- Established background in managing complex software product customer support for large companies, 24/7 worldwide
- Good understanding of agile principles, experience in Agile practices in development and support
- Solid understanding of full software stack from OS, Networking, Storage to UX/UI
- Experience with Cloud platforms – AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, VMware
- Experience with large scale distributed software systems
- Extensive knowledge of data platform technologies, data integration, enterprise data warehouse, and analytical ecosystem
- Teradata knowledge and experience is strongly preferred
- US citizen located in the US (Local to San Diego or willing to relocate are preferred)
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of people leadership experience
- 3+ years of enterprise customer support experience
- 10+ years of enterprise software development and/or engineering management experience
- 24x7 operation may require working alternate/on-call shifts
- Global organization
- Some travel will be required
- International travel may be required
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Leader, Cloud Customer Support Engineering
Job Category: Customer Support
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US