Senior Manager, Cloud Program & Support Services
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 211924
Senior Manager, Cloud Program & Support Services
Location: San Diego, CA preferred, Virtual-US acceptable
Teradata, the world's leading data analytics company, is growing our Cloud Operations team and we’re looking for individuals that exemplify our principle of Customer Obsession through operational excellence, leadership, and a passion to continually be the voice of the customer. This is a unique opportunity to join our team in a period of fast growth and expansion. If you are interested in working in a dynamic environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then the Teradata Cloud is the place for you. You will actively develop and implement state-of-the-art technical solutions, including capabilities to support elastic scalability, on-demand self-service, disaster recovery, and usage-based consumption, to enable customers to solve their most complex data analytics challenges.
The Teradata Cloud Operations is looking for a Senior Manager, Cloud Program & Support Services. You will manage and govern the agile and program/project framework to deliver consistent methods for cross-functional work delivery while collaborating and connecting with partner organizations.
What You'll Do
- Manage a team of Program and Agile (scrum) leaders
- Develop and drive the facilitation of Program and Agile best practices for the Organization, including quarterly and release planning, scrum-of-scrums, and program reviews
- Establish and maintain an operating mechanism for reporting and effectively identifying potential blockers, and possible solutions to remove impediments
- Effectively partner with cross-functional peers to identify dependencies and methods for maintaining alignment across organizations
- Contribute to day-to-day activities of the team including, but not limited, to daily standup meetings, planning sessions, retrospectives, and backlog grooming
- Collaborate with Product and Support teams to plan and deploy product releases
- Manage change and dependencies across multiple teams and provide regular reporting methods related to its impact
- Determine and deliver effective and regular communication and escalation practices for reporting status to varying levels of the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field
- 5+ years of experience as an established Program leader managing large scale initiatives
- 5+ years of experience managing teams
- Experience managing software developers using agile methodologies (Lean, XP, Scrum, Kanban, SAFe)
- Experiencing working in a PaaS/SaaS production environment
- Ability to see the big picture and build frameworks to support a vision
- Strong sense of ownership and teamwork with a positive and innovative attitude
- Strong management and leadership skills with the ability to dive into the details as needed
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization
- Experience with Public Cloud governance and cost management is a plus
- Experience with Teradata is a plus
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manager, Cloud Program & Support Services
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US