Director, Strategic Initiatives
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 211922
Director, Strategic Initiatives
The Director, Strategic Initiatives, is a key leadership position in the Product Engineering organization. This role serves as a trusted advisor to the SVP and acts as a key liaison among all leaders within the organization. This position provides leadership and direction in development, planning, communicating and executing top initiatives and represents the Product Engineering organization in working with internal and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate must be passionate about the technology solutions, industry and the company’s customers, offerings and employees. Excellent analytical, coaching, interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), negotiating & influencing and leadership skills will be critical. Success depends on building rapport and credibility with multiple stakeholders across the organization at every level. The candidate must be a strategic thinker who can quickly operationalize company-wide initiatives and demonstrates natural learning agility and personal flexibility in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment.
The Director, Strategic Initiatives will direct, monitor and contribute to strategic projects and management for the SVP’s office. This position requires the ability to balance and influence multiple competing priorities and individuals and is responsible for assuring that the central coordination for the organization’s operational activities are in place for the Product Engineering organization. The successful candidate will provide leadership and direction for change management initiatives and program development.
Summary of Director, Strategic Initiatives key duties:
- Plans and directs strategic organizational and operational projects.
- Foresees and addresses/mitigates organizational risks and takes to action to prevent.
- Provides oversight and guidance to projects and actions of high importance
- Creates and maintains cross-organizational relationships to enable leadership success
- Facilitates the development, coordination, communication, and accomplishment of short and long-term technology & business strategies.
- Assists with operational management decisions and actions as directed.
- Supports corporate governance-related matters and policies.
Acts as a strategic advisor:
- Initiatives & strategic projects
- Organizational Priorities
- Resource/Employee Leadership development
- Discussing and aligning on strategic priorities
- Determines appropriate direction for and ensuring that an SVP’s involvement in a project or decision-making process is at the right moment
Supports key/assigned operational, strategic, and governance initiatives such as:
- New team organizations (structure, process, team build out, etc)
- Creating systems and processes to streamline operations.
- Leading annual strategic planning from a coordination perspective.
- Financial reviews and strategic recommendations
- Development and administration of the team’s OKRs/metrics
- Overseeing critical high-profile projects and tasks as assigned
- Regularly evaluating progress with SVP to assure organization success.
- Serves as the POC for organizational operations escalations
- Creating and maintaining cross-departmental relationships to enable leadership success
- Overseeing large, often cross-functional organization-wide projects or initiatives
- Bring together multiple stakeholders to drive decisions.
- Mitigates issues that serve as barriers to the team or organization’s operating at maximum effectiveness.
- Acts as a coach for teams and individual where needed or directed
Skills and Attributes
The desired candidate:
- Has successfully led and operated teams/organizations of 20 people or more with proven ability to develop high performing teams
- Has been an integral part of a technology/product/engineering organization for delivery of products and services
- Demonstrated ability to act independently to achieve goals when needed
- Is a Jack-of-all-trades, with experience in wide-ranging or cross-functional areas, and an eagerness to learn new skills
- Demonstrates rapid learning skills for new areas. Able to assess and develop functional knowledge when needed for assignments
- Successful at distilling limited input to create content and context for the organization – leveraging their knowledge of the organization’s operations
- Demonstrated success in executing and implementing enterprise level projects able to pivot and shift with priorities
- Is a strategic thinker, data-driven and analytical in approach to solving problems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to work effectively with and influence senior leaders.
- Excels at building relationships and networks; influences others to achieve outcomes
- Is a systems and process-thinker; loves creating order out of chaos
- Must promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Will be a change agent who can work with employees and managers to streamline processes
- Must be able to look across a broad-spectrum technologies and process methodologies to formulate and drive improvements into the daily processes.
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and have the ability to multi-task while driving several initiatives simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to transform general strategic direction into tactical action plans, with validation from stakeholders, generating choices and opportunities
- Able to successfully navigate within varying degrees of ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent presentation and communication skills. Ability to communicate advanced analytical concepts and complex quantitative analysis in a concise, clear and actionable manner.
- Positive attitude and intellectual curiosity are both musts.
- Experience with managing large teams of 20+ people
- 10+ years’ professional experience in a leadership role
- Master’s degree preferred, B.S with equivalent experience required
- Cross-functional experience in operations, architectural planning and product & services delivery required
- Broad range of knowledge of corporate functions and operations.
- Ability to converse intelligently with other functional areas such as Product, Marketing, Legal, Finance, Sales, and IT, as well as suppliers and customers
- Advanced skills: strategic/financial analysis, influence/negotiation, project management, communication
- Knowledge of financial controls, the IT organization, and a broad understanding of business drivers and strategies.
This fast-paced high-tech environment is perfect for individuals seeking to exercise innovation and out of the box thinking to assist Teradata in the transformation of our Product Engineering organization. Some travel required as necessary.
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
*Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Strategic Initiatives
Job Category: Business Development
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US