Sr. Director, Product Enterprise Architect Leader
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 211921
Sr. Director, Product Enterprise Architecture
As the recognized leader in data and analytics, Teradata is all about empowering high-impact business outcomes to unleash the potential of great companies. We focus every day on helping customers build lasting analytic capabilities and drive differentiated value through our flexible delivery of analytics at scale on an agile data foundation.
As the Product Engineering Enterprise Architecture (EA) Senior Director at Teradata, you will be responsible for improving Product Engineering’s tools, systems, and processes for overarching Product Architecture by defining and implementing initiatives and solutions that are aligned to Teradata’s business strategy, capabilities and business requirements. The Product Engineering EA Leader will do this by leveraging reference architectures and EA methodologies, managing and tracking progressive evolution, and proactively engaging stakeholders, peers and Product Management leadership to collectively achieve success.
The Product Engineering EA Leader is responsible for developing and managing the mechanisms for creation and tracking of reference architectures, models, roadmaps and high-level solution designs. The EA Leader will also enact and lead governance and validation efforts, ensuring that EA functions are driving business value and are adhered to within Product Engineering.
The Product Engineering EA Leader must understand Teradata’s business drivers and the critical Product relationships to customers, 3rd party partners, and internal business verticals, in order to perform analysis, provide general guidance, and recommend specific action related to Product Engineering’s EA approaches and programs. The ideal candidate will have a strong background of leading EA functions in a product company, with an associated understanding of product development processes in a cloud, -as-a-Service, and data ecosystem.
Role and Responsibilities
- Demonstrated leadership experience in directing, developing, and integrating EA policies with complex products and systems
- Proven experience in developing and implementing strategic programs and policies pertaining to engineering excellence, modern API usage, modern SDLC and CI/CD usage, product quality, release agility, governance and risk management
- Able to collaborate with Product Architecture peers, Product Management and business partners to design and oversee initiatives and governance activities related to product architecture future states – including reference architectures, guiding principles, support models, security compliance, and more
- Able to identify missing or inadequate elements of the Product Engineering EA strategies, which may impede delivery efficiency or negatively impact delivery of new capabilities
- Capable of developing actionable roadmaps for the evolution of Product Engineering’s EA function from current state to future state and provide governance and technical oversight during execution of the plan
- Able to act as a trusted advisor to Teradata Product Management executives and leaders, providing executive-level presentations that communicate the business value gained, or to be gained, by the Product EA function
- Able to facilitate technical session or deep dives to enhance EA operating models and processes
- Able to facilitate the Architecture Review Board sessions, including the assessment, selection or approval of standards, software product solutions, or services that complement the existing product engineering tools
- Able to define and create a mechanism to measure and manage the EA lifecycle as well as product versioning, in conjunction with Product Management teams
- Able to build approaches or frameworks for estimating the cost/benefit of new technologies, products, or services, including both financial and technical impact
- Able to build approaches or frameworks that ensure all solution architecture design and analysis work is properly documented and stored for reuse
- Able to leads Acts as a contributor to company methods and practices community
- Potentially able to share knowledge and expertise through publishing, presenting at industry events and/or mentoring
- 5+ years of related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including visualizations or infographics which facilitate transfer of knowledge and shared understanding
- Excellent planning, organization, and time-management skills
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong consultative, facilitation and consensus building skills
- Ability to quickly grasp the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations and how they relate to achieving targeted business outcomes.
- Ability to estimate the impact of solution architecture alternatives
- Sound judgment and strong sense of personal accountability
- Strong, consistent business acumen and general management abilities
- Knowledge of all domains of classic and modern enterprise architecture
- Working knowledge and/or experience with developing cloud/mobile/data solutions -Domain knowledge of Teradata data and analytics platform solutions a plus
- Specialized skills in the use of architecture frameworks, methodologies and patterns through solution delivery. (TOGAF, DevOps, Agile, ITIL, or other related)
- Expert knowledge of emerging industry trends
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Director, Product Enterprise Architect Leader
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US