Engineering Manager - Cloud
Location: Santa Clara, California US
Requisition Number: 211919
Senior Cloud Engineering Manager
Do you describe yourself as a strong leader and a person focused on delivering results? Are you passionate about building a highly scalable, fault tolerant, elastic, and secure services in public cloud environments like AWS, Azure or GCP? Do you enjoy leading and growing a team of engineers?
Teradata (NYSE: TDC), the world's leading data analytics company is looking for an experienced Senior Cloud Engineering Manager who is passionate about building innovative cloud services. This is your opportunity to be part of the team that’s working in a startup environment and directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services. As part of our cloud organization, you’ll build, own and manage an engineering team and lead them to build various cloud services.
- Build and manage a cloud engineering team with an execution focus.
- Define long term strategic technology and process roadmaps.
- Provide technical guidance to a team of engineers and architects, including ability to dive into the details as needed.
- Strong technical and people leadership skills.
- Build low-friction APIs, highly-responsive web UIs and intuitive CLIs using professional software engineering practices and best practices for full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build process, testing, and operations.
- Lead day to day direction of Cloud Engineering team/s.
- Develop DevOps processes and procedures to rapidly transition new Cloud Services into production.
- Provide regular reports on how Cloud architecture and UI design are impacting development, quality, operations, and performance.
- Communicate effectively with other engineering teams, QA, PMs and senior leadership team.
- Evaluate new technologies, open source libraries, cloud native services and define long term strategic investments and feature roadmaps.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field or equal experience)
- 10+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Demonstratable experience of managing and leading an engineering team to build and operate a cloud service in public cloud platform.
- Knowledge of modern web frameworks and tools (such as Angular, React, Backbone, Sass, Webpack, Polymer, Closure, etc.)
- Demonstratable proficiency in at least one modern general-purpose programming language (like Java, C++, Node.js, Typescript, Go and Python)
- Experience working with automated deployments and source code/configuration management tools (such as GitHub, AWS CloudFormation, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Vagrant, Terraform, and similar)
- Must be able to work cross-functionally with other internal and external partner organizations
- Deep passion for quality and customer focus.
- Proven experience building services on at least one of public cloud platforms (AWS or Azure or GCP).
- Experience in multiple roles such as distributed systems, front end, database systems and full stack.
- Experience mentoring software engineers.
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team.
- Experience with Teradata (or other RDMS) and NoSQL technologies.
- Experience with Docker container related technologies like Kubernetes, Mesos etc.
- Experience with supporting mission critical, 24x7 systems.
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: Santa Clara
Community / Marketing Title: Engineering Manager - Cloud
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Santa Clara, California US