Director of Customer Success – Financial Services
Location: New York, New York US
Requisition Number: 211913
Director of Customer Success – Financial Services
Teradata is seeking a leader with outstanding technical, managerial and business skills to enable and drive the Financial Services Customer Success team. In this role, you will lead the growth and development of our Customer Success Managers (CSM) while partnering with local GTM leadership to establish strategic plans and objectives in order to achieve customer success and sales goals.
The successful candidate will define and build foundational practices that allow Teradata to deliver world-class engagement with our most critical customers.
Key Management Responsibilities
- Responsible for the cross-geography/team alignment, development, training and deployment of best practices.
- Drives strategy for Customer Success to enable a team to focus on growing adoption of Teradata capabilities, increase customer satisfaction, and secure renewals.
- Lead and mentor a team of Customer Success Managers
- Accountable for the recruitment, hiring and on-boarding of high caliber talent who are passionate about developing customer relationships while shaping and supporting Teradata’s transformation.
- Developing and implementing Customer Success across multiple delivery channels, including high-touch, virtual, and digital.
- Develop strong working relationships across internal functions, to include Strategic Offering Management, Consulting, Customer Services, Pricing, Product Management, Sales Enablement, Marketing and Finance.
- Deliver high-impact presentations and related customer interaction support on top priority customer success opportunities, when needed.
- Contribute to collateral development by providing insight and feedback relative to customers’ critical business issues and solutions opportunities.
Key Attributes of Success
- Ability to clearly communicate complex ideas
- Deep technical understanding of analytic systems
- Obsessed with being customer-focused
- Technical sales / presales / customer success experience
- Ability to develop customer relationships from individual contributor to senior business leaders
- Knowledge of the competitive landscape
- Leadership to drive directly and indirectly aligned teams to deliver
- 5+ years of experience managing a team in customer-focused organizations, including demonstration of interfacing with C-level executives
- Demonstrated expertise leading strategic initiatives to operationalize and optimize pre-sales technology and architecture centric sales objectives
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, environment, requiring superior skills in critical thinking, influencing, and managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines
- Comfort with ambiguity, but ability to drive to clarity
- Previous blend of experience in sales, business development, and services delivery for a SaaS solution is highly desirable
- Interest in and previous experience with Data Analytics organizations, experience with Teradata required.
- Domain expertise with cloud and experience with cloud architectures (AWS, Azure, Google, Oracle, IBM, Teradata)
BA or BS in Business or Computer Science, or related field
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: New York
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Customer Success – Financial Services
Job Category: Sales
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: New York, New York US