Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 211884
The candidate will be responsible for design and development and maintenance of 'as-a-service' test harness to integrate with Continuous Integration and Deployment pipelines to validate workloads across public/private cloud and hybrid infrastructure aligning with Teradata’s cloud first strategy. The role requires expertise/knowledge in cloud technologies such as AWS , Azure, GCP, CloudStack, VMware, etc., and technologies like Python and Kubernetees.
The candidate needs to develop and maintain test harness services for performing test execution, infrastructure provisioning, reporting, performance optimization and integration to delivery pipeline using Python, Java, Ansible and other scripting languages on Kubernetes and Public cloud (AWS, Azure and GCP). and best tools to implement 100% automation towards build, deploy and test Teradata database on all supported platforms (both on-premises and cloud).
The candidate will be reporting to Engineering Manager and expected to technically interact with the team in terms of design/develop/review the automation.
Education and Experience Requirements:
B.Tech/MCA in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years of programming experience in quality and DevOps area.
- Experience in Python for application development
- Experience in Kubernetes Infrastructure and Application management automation
- Experience/knowledge on cloud technologies such as CloudStack, VMware, AWS, AZURE and GCP etc.
- Experience in Database scripting and query optimization.
- Experience in DevOps tool stack (Jenkins, GitHub, Ansible etc.)
- Experience in implementing CICD
- Experience in Log management using ELK & Kibana
- Exposure to Agile development model and corresponding tracking tools like JIRA
- Knowledge on code coverage and Coverity tools is a plus
- Perl/Shell/Java scripting is an added advantage
- Knowledge on JSON or similar technologies and Web Services (WSDL, SOAP, REST) is a plus
Develop and maintain test harness services and drive through integration into CI pipelines across different cloud platforms. This includes developing services in python, provisioning infrastructure on Kubernetes, support test executions on On-premise, AWS, Azure and GCP.
- Ability to write code for test harness in using Python
- Ability to develop automation for Infrastructure and application maintenance on Kubernetes
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology
- Hands on with database scripting and sql optimization
- Attention to detail
- Experience in Log management using ELK
- Ability to follow documented specifications and plans with minimal supervision
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Good understanding on software development life cycle (analysis, design, coding, testing etc.,)
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: DevOps Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN