Account Receivable /Collection Analyst
Location: BEIJING, Beijing Shi CN
Requisition Number: 211877
Account Receivable/Collection Analyst as part of Teradata’s controller team that need to ensure all business practices are complying corporate requirements. The role will handle some of below listed AR functions for 3-4 countries (Include Korea) in APJ region:
- Conduct daily collection activities by using mails; calls and conferences to contact customers; sales; finance; and cross function teams to collect on open receivables according to invoices ages; payment terms; issues; global process & procedures.
- Take necessary action to investigate and resolve collection issues timely and professionally.
- AR related forecast; credit analyses; delinquent and escalation process; dispute resolve and coordination;
Cash applications and AR related adjustment:
- Apply cash/ receipts in the system and process the relevant AR adjustments for tax; bank charge; LC and partial payment and Bad debts.
- Reporting and supporting to statutory audit.
- Perform month end activities and analysis.
AR- GL parts:
- Accurate and timely month-end closing and opening activities. Strictly follow the deadline of closing schedule.
- Prepare weekly/monthly AR Reports; provisions; aging files and calculation of DSO.
- Perform AR related journal entries posting;
- Ensure all accounts are properly reconciled and maintained;
- Supporting statutory audit.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in English with certificate of English major test (Level 8 or equivalent) or business-related major with an oversea study background. Master in English for listen; writing and speaking. Able to independently deal with oversea customers and BU teams.
- Understand Korea language, able to communicate with Korea customers.
- Good communication skills; self-motivated; able to work under pressures.
- Dispute resolving ability; business sense; logical thinking; analysis skills. Detail-oriented and good in summaries points.
- Team player; able to work and collaborate with multiple functions across the organizations; easy-going and easy-manage.
- Able to communicate in Japanese or any other Asian language is a plus.
- Accounting knowledge or working experience in AR; Credit analysis; AP; sales finance support; billing; business supports is preferred.
- Familiar with ERP system like Oracle is a plus.
- Must be very proficient in Microsoft Offices (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
State: Beijing Shi
Community / Marketing Title: Account Receivable /Collection Analyst
Job Category: Finance
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: BEIJING, Beijing Shi CN