Senior Director, Cloud Alliance APJ
Location: Singapore, Central Singapore SG
Requisition Number: 211875
Senior Director, Cloud Alliance APJ
Teradata (NYSE: TDC), the world's leading data analytics company is looking for people who are passionate about helping our customers leverage cloud services to join our Teradata Cloud BU team. This is a unique opportunity to join our team in a period of fast growth and expansion. If you are interested in working in a startup like environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then Teradata is the place for you. You will join a team of business development professionals, cloud experts, and business builders to deploy cloud services and cloud native integrations that bring Teradata’s analytics capabilities to the public cloud platforms. This position is part of the Cloud Business unit focused on cross organization and company strategy and investments.
Teradata is looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual to own, manage, grow and develop Teradata’s APJ partnership with the our Cloud Partners (AWS, Azure and Google). Teradata is a leader in the Analytics market with offerings that span Cloud, On-Premises and Hybrid Cloud solutions. The candidate for this role will own the success of our relationship with the APJ Cloud Partners, including program management, contract management, funnel management, governance, financial metrics and will collaborate cross-functionally with product management on roadmap and supporting the APJ GTM sales teams and regional partner organizations. If you are a high energy, collaborative individual who can manage multiple touch points, take ownership of the business, create strong relationships across the organization and work collaboratively to support the success of our business within Teradata and the Cloud organization, this is the role for you.
Applicants should have a proven track record in general management of a Partner and experience working with Cloud vendors and Independent Software Vendors (ISV’s). The scope of the role includes identification of new business opportunities with or through the Cloud Partner, including growth within existing Teradata accounts, management of the relationships and sales engagement process to gain agreement with requisite stakeholders on execution. The applicant will own the relationship with the APJ Cloud Partners support sales calls and maintain up to date best practices on partnership. The role will require exceptional strategy and interpersonal skills, solid understanding of the Cloud Provider technology & GTM, and a deep understanding of Teradata strategies and business model.
In this role, you will:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the Cloud Partner’s business objectives and effectively communicate and align with Teradata to drive incremental growth.
- Develop strong relations and advocates with key decision makers on the Cloud Partner side, and their ecosystem, as well as internally in Teradata to support growth of our business.
- Identify new business opportunities with or through Cloud Partners, develop plans for how Teradata can leverage these and gain agreement with requisite stakeholders on execution.
- Develop presentations and materials to support sales with and through our Cloud Partner.
- Support sales calls where Cloud Partner is involved by maintain up to date best practices on partnership
- Drive the increased co-sell of Teradata solutions with our Cloud Partners; facilitate communication, enablement, and resource alignment to accelerate growth.
- Create, develop, and execute functional or sector specific initiatives and offers in line with Cloud Partners and Teradata strategic objectives.
Education and skills you’ll use:
- A bachelor’s degree (graduate degree a plus) as well as 15+ years’ experience in managing complex relationships with one or more of the following skills:
- A strong understanding of and practical experience in alliance management specifically within high-tech at a strategic, tactical and operational level.
- Strategy, business planning formulation and execution experience, with measurable results.
- Experience in the APJ region and ability to support a dynamic sales team covering multiple countries,
- Experience managing complex relationships across multiple organizations, levels, and disciplines.
- Ability to manage a complex selling environment where objectives between the Cloud Partner and Teradata may not always be aligned.
- High degree of Executive presence; proven ability and experience to operate effectively at senior management and C-executive levels.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly gain trust and credibility
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to deliver effective diplomatic communications as well as handle sensitive information and materials in a confidential manner
- Technical background in databases, enterprise software, and current knowledge of Teradata solutions is desired.
- Passion to win, entrepreneurial, high energy, collaborative, responsive, and results-driven self-starter
- Ability to deal well with change and be a team player, builder, and leader.
- Excellent presentation skills and confidence
- Be proficient in the use of both written and spoken business English.
The successful candidate will report directly to the SVP Global Cloud Alliances GTM & Programs. The successful candidate will work from a Teradata facility or virtual and will be expected to travel on business (25-40% travel)
Teradata is firmly committed to diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We value the unique qualities, abilities and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered solely on their skills, experience and alignment with the responsibilities of the role.
Level and salary is commensurate with the demands of the role and based on skills and experience.
State: Central Singapore
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Director, Cloud Alliance APJ
Job Category: Sales
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Singapore, Central Singapore SG