Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 211870
Engineering Technician I
The Teradata Platform Infrastructure Engineering organization defines, develops, and delivers the latest innovative Teradata platforms of IntelliFlex and Vantage on VMWare to the industry’s highest performing data warehousing and analytics offerings.
We are seeking an experienced Engineering Technician in the role of maintaining our engineering lab including inventory management, system installations, integrations, and staging. Additionally, this individual will work with cross functional groups in updating or repairing existing systems and troubleshooting software/hardware problems to deliver high quality products within Platform Engineering.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide lab support of our On-prem and Vantage (on VMWare) platform systems (including Servers, Storage, Networking, and Cabling)
- Assist in building, installing, debugging, and testing new equipment to ensure production capabilities and readiness
- Collaborate closely with other organizations outside of Platform Engineering to address new features and applications that could potentially impact any functionality of the platform
- Developing corrective action plans post failure analysis
- Evaluate engineering change requests and execution of engineering change controls
- Perform audits and tests on platform systems, networks and hardware to ensure it is functioning properly
- Respond to support requests and assist in troubleshooting any hardware and software issues
- Ensure all software and hardware is up-to-date and install updates as required
- Perform routine preventative maintenance to avoid system outages and failures
- Repair or replace damaged hardware
Required Skills and Attributes
- OS knowledge of Linux (or UNIX) and Windows Operating systems
- SAN Storage technology
- Networking knowledge (TCP/IP, IPX/SPX)
- Exemplify comprehensive knowledge of computer systems and hardware
- Deliver commitments on time with highest quality, demonstrating speed as a habit with a bias for action
- High School diploma and an Associate’s Degree in Engineering Technology or a related field
- Requires 1-3 years of related experience in an Engineering Technician role, or may need experience with additional specialized training and/or certification
- Good Communication skills (Spoken, Written)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and adhere to strict time schedules
- Self-motivated, self-managed, team-oriented, very responsible, and focused on always improving
- Must have strong time management skills and work productively with minimal supervision
- Familiarity and understanding of the functions of basic computer hardware and software
- Ability to explain technical problems in layman's terms
- Must have sound analytical thinking skills and attention to detail
- Exhibits familiarity with proper lab safety procedures
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Engineering Technician
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US