Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 211869
Hardware Engineer – Lab and Product Integration
The Teradata Platform Infrastructure Engineering organization defines, develops, and delivers the latest innovative Teradata platforms of IntelliFlex and Vantage on VMWare to the industry’s highest performing data warehousing and analytics offerings.
We are seeking an experienced Platform Hardware Engineer in the role of lifecycle test, as well as maintaining our engineering lab including inventory management, system installations, integrations, and staging.
Additionally, this experienced individual will partner with our Platform Product Integration and contract manufacturing teams to help drive product development best practices and work with cross functional groups to deliver high quality products within Platform Infrastructure Engineering. They will be involved with all aspects of a Teradata system platform including software and hardware.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Oversee lab support of our On-prem and Vantage (on VMWare) platform systems (including Servers, Storage, Networking, and Cabling)
- Assist in building, installing, debugging, and testing new equipment to ensure production capabilities and readiness
- Collaborate closely with other organizations outside of Platform Infrastructure to address new features and applications that could potentially impact any functionality of the platform
- Perform failure analysis on failed hardware returned from Teradata customers
- Address challenges in identifying platform and software defects prior to products availability
- Define processes for the manufacture, staging and test of Teradata systems
- Assess new and existing equipment for optimization of effectiveness, efficiency, EMC compliance, product safety, quality, and cost
- Participate in project teams and all activities related to the development of new products and sustaining existing products
- Perform regulatory compliance testing on Teradata products
- Developing corrective action plans post failure analysis
- Developing processes and procedures for testing and manufacturing Teradata platforms
- Executing product validation tests
- Maintain product lifecycle via interoperability testing of end-of-life component replacement parts
- Evaluate engineering change requests and execution of engineering change controls
Required Skills and Attributes
- SAN Storage technology (NetApp, Seagate, Dot Hill)
- Networking knowledge (TCP/IP, IPX/SPX)
- OS knowledge of Linux (or UNIX) and Windows Operating systems
- Scripting proficiency
- Willingness to advise, coach and mentor junior team members
- Deliver commitments on time with highest quality, demonstrating speed as a habit with a bias for action
Preferred Skills, Attributes, and Applications
- Teradata Database proficiency
- Dell CI Architecture basic knowledge
- VMWare technology (e.g., VMWare on Commodity Hardware) basic knowledge
- Oracle Agile PLM
- Command of Teradata supporting applications
- Regulatory testing knowledge
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or 8+ years of working experience in an equivalent engineering role
- Excellent Communication skills (Spoken, Written)
- Understanding of Teradata architecture and supporting applications
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and adhere to strict time schedules
- Self-motivated, self-managed, team-oriented, very responsible, and focused on always improving
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Hardware Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US