Performance Test Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 211860
Performance Test Engineer | Product Area – Analytic Applications | Job Location - Hyderabad
Teradata Analytics Applications is seeking a talented Performance Engineer with deep technical expertise to enhance performance test coverage and analysis for continuous integration and regression during feature releases for the Teradata Analytic Calculator and Real-Time Interaction Manager products. The Performance Engineer will be a change agent who can architect performance tests with the goal of simultaneously improving quality, customer success, and system optimization in an automated environment. The candidate will be well versed in automation technologies, automated deployment, performance simulations, and virtualized/cloud environments. The candidate will be capable of designing next-generation testing solutions to enable iterative performance testing in a continuous integration environment, capturing key performance metrics to allow deep analysis of the system under test.
The Performance Engineer will facilitate the automation, execution, and maintenance of performance test scenarios for both new and existing features. The Performance Engineer will create performance scenarios that encompass multiple facets of performance (load, stress, benchmarking, etc.). The Performance Engineer must have a strong grasp of various testing methodologies including functional, integration, and regression testing.
1. Work with Product Owners to define system performance requirements and ensure all performance requirements are met for product delivery
- Participate in Agile development processes with a focus on test scenario authoring and automated performance testing
3. Create and execute complex performance test plans and procedures that mimic real-life customer scenarios.
4. Build out and enhance our various performance test cases to ensure that our system performance and reliability exceed the expectations of our customers.
5. Troubleshoot issues and tests; analyze product resource utilization and recommend alternatives to improve product stability.
6. Assist product engineers in the identification and resolution of product performance problems, and in designing performant products.
7. Provide suggestions for improving testing efficiency
- Facilitate the automation of performance test cases from customer issues, feature development, and customer use cases and their incorporation into the appropriate test suites
- Capture performance test metrics in a comprehensive and detailed way that provides transparency and actionable data representation for the teams and leadership
• Strong background in writing and running system-level performance test cases
- Strong background in statistical analysis and test results reporting
- Previous programming and scripting experience (preferably with Java, JMeter, TestNG/Junit, Grafana)
• Prior experience in test planning and regression test execution at a system level
- Prior experience with performance monitoring tools tracking CPU load, memory usage, and JVM monitoring
- Prior experience with test management tools (preferably qTest or Enterprise Tester)
- Experience working on Agile sprint teams
- Ability to create and execute SQL database queries to validate data and seed test data as required for testing
• Experience with Continuous Integration using CI tools like Jenkins or Bamboo
• Strong background in automating performance test cases
- Experience administering and troubleshooting Test Environments (Linux, Windows, Apache HTTPD configuration)
- Experience with GIT and or code coverage tools like Sonar/Clover is preferred
1. 3+ years related industry experience
2. BE/B.Tech/MCA/MSc in CSE/IT/related disciplines
3. Must be a self-starter and able to work well with others in a fast-paced agile environment with an emphasis on collaborating and assisting the team to meet business objectives
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Performance Test Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN