System Test Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 211859
System Test Engineer | Product Area – Analytic Applications | Job Location - Hyderabad
Teradata Vantage Applications is seeking a talented Quality Engineer with deep technical expertise to optimize test coverage and test processes for continuous integration tests and regression tests during feature releases for the Vantage Customer Experience and Vantage Analyst products. The System Test Engineer will be a change agent who can streamline tests processes with the goal of simultaneously improving quality, content delivery, and schedule in an automated environment. The candidate will be well versed in automation technologies, automated deployment, and virtualized/cloud environments. The candidate will be capable of designing next generation testing solutions to enable continuous integration and testing, capturing key metrics to allow deep analysis of the behavior of the system under test.
The System Test Engineer will facilitate the automation and maintenance of test scenarios developed by Sustaining, Feature, and Automation test teams and optimize test execution. The System Test Engineer will also assist in running regression tests that cannot be automated and with the validation of bug fixes as needed. The System Test Engineer must have a strong grasp of various testing methodologies including test cause authoring, functional and regression testing.
1. Manage release requirements and ensure all requirements are met for product delivery
- Participate in Agile development processes with a focus on test case authoring and automated testing to support software quality efforts
3. Create and execute complex test plans and procedures that mimic real-life customer scenarios.
4. Build out and enhance our various test cases and process to ensure that our system performance and reliability exceed the expectations of our customers.
5. Troubleshoot issues and tests; analyze product resource utilization and recommend alternatives to improve product stability.
6. Assist product engineers in the identification and resolution of product defects.
7. Provide suggestions for improving testing efficiency
- Facilitate the automation of test cases from customer issues, feature development, and customer use cases and their incorporation into the appropriate test suites
- Assist in the execution of necessary tests that cannot be automated
- Track real-time test metrics in a comprehensive and detailed way that provides transparency and actionable data representation for the teams and leadership
• Strong background in writing and running system-level test cases
- Strong background reporting test metrics and test progress
• Previous programming and scripting experience (preferably with Java, JMeter, TestNG/Junit and Eclipse IDE)
• Prior experience in test planning and regression test execution at a system level
- Prior experience with test management tools (preferably qTest or Enterprise Tester)
- Experience working on Agile sprint teams
- Experience with REST API testing and microservices architecture
- Experience with various authorization methods including OAuth
- Ability to create and execute database queries to validate data and seed test data as required for testing
• Experience with continuous automation execution using CI tools like Jenkins or Bamboo
• Strong background in selecting tests to be automated and optimizing written test cases for automation
- Experience setting up and maintaining Test Environments (Linux, Windows, Apache HTTPD configuration)
• Experience with GIT, Bamboo and or code coverage tools like Sonar/Clover is preferred
- Experience with Containerization is a plus
1. 3+ years related industry experience
2. BE/B.Tech/MCA/MSc in CSE/IT/related disciplines
3. Must be a self-starter and able to work well with others in a fast-paced agile environment with an emphasis on collaborating and assisting the team to meet business objectives
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: System Test Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN