Client Services Specialist
Location: Boston, Massachusetts US
Requisition Number: 211852
Services Specialist – Services Sales and Engagement Management Practice, Americas Consulting
Location: This is a virtual role. The candidate can be based anywhere within the US but is expected to demonstrate a willingness and an ability to travel within the United States and Canada.
The Services Specialist is accountable for supporting the development and sale of bids for Teradata’s services portfolio – consulting, managed services, and transaction services – and Teradata as a Service offerings. In addition to their own portfolio of customers, the Services Specialist will be responsible for bid/project-level effort costing, contract development, and execution of services whitespace analysis.
• Presenting Consulting, Managed and Transactional Services selling presentations to Customers and Account Teams
• Whitespace analysis, bid/project effort costing, and contract development
• Partner with Client Services Executive and Account Teams on account planning to analyze whitespace of services portfolio and build services roadmap process
• Partner with Solutions function to ensure opportunities are appropriately defined and scoped
• Partner with Engagement Management function to ensure pricing recommendations of Services opportunities are consistent with Teradata’s Governance Policy – including, but not limited to, scoping requirements, risk assessment, and Teradata margin targets
• Support services components of Requests for Information/Requests for Proposal
Key Performance Indicators
• Services bookings
• Bid support turnaround time
• Knowledge and asset stewardship
Desired Experience and Qualifications
• Demonstrated experience in managing account relationships and developing new account opportunities.
• Ability to work with multiple Customers at the same time including capturing each engagement’s discussions, notes, follow-up, issues, etc.
• Experience and familiarity with data warehousing architectures, cloud services and architectures and solutions.
• Experience with minimally one component of Teradata services business: managed services, transaction services, and/or consulting.
• Familiarity with industry standard methodologies and tools.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
Community / Marketing Title: Client Services Specialist
Job Category: Sales
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Boston, Massachusetts US