Technical Product Manager – AWS Cloud
Location: Bellevue, Washington US
Requisition Number: 211850
Technical Product Manager – Vantage on AWS
Location: Bellevue, WA or San Diego, CA
The Teradata as-a-Service Product Management team drives the vision and roadmap for Teradata offerings in public cloud, including AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP). We work cross-functionally across most parts of the business to deliver outcomes that matter for our customers, our company, and our team. We work as a team and are outcome driven.
Be involved in the fast-growing cloud space while working for a company that's the recognized leader in the enterprise analytics space. In this position, you’ll play a central role responsible for defining user stories and prioritizing the Agile software development team backlog. You will work closely with Product and Program Management, Product Development and other stakeholders to streamline the execution of Vantage on Azure program priorities that are tied directly to business outcomes. This role will require a strong technical background and understanding of automation, cloud technologies, and as-a-service delivery models. Your work will entail spearheading the definition of new capabilities through expertly crafted features and user stories. You will have a direct visible impact on driving Teradata forward by delivering features that the world’s most well-known companies rely on to run their businesses.
- Owning and maintaining the backlog for several Teradata Vantage on Azure scrum teams by partnering with engineering and other key stakeholders
- Elaborating roadmap initiatives (Epics) into user stories with well-defined Requirements and Acceptance Criteria
- Driving iteration planning by reviewing and prioritizing the team backlog
- Accepting stories by working with the team and other stakeholders to ensure feature work meets acceptance criteria and that it otherwise complies with Definition of Done (DoD)
- Understanding the scope of enabler work and collaborating with engineering to assist with decision making
- Collaborating with other Product Owners across dependent Agile teams
- Participating in scrum meetings and be a key focal point in day-to-day technical development, execution, and performance metrics to deliver quality product
- Defining and monitoring key performance indicators (KPIs) to help refine product vision and prepare for execution
- Coordinating internal release planning with the broader Teradata Product Development organization
- Monitoring market trends and bridge business gaps by authoring technical requirements for the scrum team
- Driving innovation at a tech company that has been leading the industry for over 40 years
- Ultimately, ensure the delivery of an innovative offering and solution drawn from user requirements, market validation, and measured by KPIs
Qualifications: The Basics
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems (MIS), Business or related technical field or equivalent of education and experience
- 4 - 7+ years of Product Management or Product Owner experience in a software technology business
- Proven expertise defining cloud native user experiences with a customer obsessed mindset
- Ability to write crisp user stories and own the team backlog from a user centric perspective
- Ability to prioritize the requirements in the context of the entire portfolio
- Proven track record of taking a product from conception & definition phase through engineering design and taking it to market
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and negotiate complex concepts to management, team members as well as non-technical audiences
- Exceptional ability to impact and influence business results where cross group collaboration is required using strong facilitation and consensus building skills
- This position is based in Seattle, Washingtonwith an option to be based out of Teradata's research and development main campus in San Diego, California
- Master of Science (MS) or Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred
- 4+ years of technical software development or cloud database experience
- 2+ years of field consulting or other relevant experience in the software technology field
- Strong technical background with Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and/or Amazon Web Services (AWS) public cloud platforms
- Experience working for a software as-a-service (SaaS) company
- Experience working in an Agile product development environment
Qualifications: Things that will set you apart
- Hands-on experience building and delivering services built on public cloud technology from providers like GCP, AWS, and Azure
- Deep understanding of public cloud infrastructure, including compute, storage, and networking
- Excellent understanding of the Enterprise Data Warehousing and Analytics Market with trends, customer deployment models, monetization models and technologies
- Recent experience in the design and implementation of highly-scalable, highly-available, enterprise software or cloud (SaaS, IaaS, and/or PaaS) services and solutions
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Product Manager – AWS Cloud
Job Category: Product Management
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bellevue, Washington US