Solution Architect - Cloud Migration
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 211843
Solution Architect – Cloud Migration
The Cloud Migration Architect will perform in the roles of Architect and Technical Lead responsible Teradata Cloud services. Critical amongst these will be leading Cloud Architecture and Migration Planning, as well as continuing in an advisory role during the migration implementation on all cloud-related matters. This individual must have the skills necessary to not only architect the Teradata Vantage platform in the cloud, but just as important, understand and guide the customer through the various options and considerations necessary to ensure Vantage is optimally implemented within the broader cloud analytic ecosystem. In addition to the customer, the individual must also be able to partner with Teradata consultants and account teams, as well as Consulting Partners through the cloud migration solutioning process. They should excel at working in a services implementation environment, providing leadership, mentoring, and responsibility for the technical delivery as described in the services Statement of Work (SOW). In addition, they may be expected to create and maintain technical solution documentation, perform occasional project management duties, and regularly interact with senior management within Teradata and the customer.
- Significant exposure to most of Teradata’s product offerings including Vantage-as-a-Service, QueryGrid, Data Mover, TTU, and the Teradata Applications suite
- Broad understanding of the surrounding 1st and 3rd party cloud ecosystem, including those used for Data Integration, Business Intelligence, and Advanced Analytics
- Implementation experience with at least two of the 3 primary Cloud Service Providers; AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud
- Knowledgeable of the various cloud deployment approaches including public, private, managed, and hybrid cloud variants
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in Data Warehousing, Big Data, Data Integration, and Analytics
- At least 5 years of experience with the Teradata Platform leading complex implementation project
- Expertise in Ecosystem, Solution, and Data Architecture disciplines
- Demonstrated ability to utilize telemetry data from Vantage and the Cloud Service Providers to investigate and determine root cause of complex platform issues across the cloud deployment stack
- Strong acumen for translating solution design into a viable and efficient implementation plan which delivers a successful outcome
- Proficiency with Linux & shell scripting
- Strong SQL programming and tuning skills
- Delivery leadership experience including a blended on-site/off-shore engagement model
- Domain architecture experience including network, disaster recovery, and high availability with knowledge of data integration, virtualization, management, consumption, and sharing sub-systems
- Strong written and oral communication skills required to influence technical, business, and executive audiences
- Proficiency for leading customer presentations, group meetings, and technical deep dive sessions
- Ability to create content for both sales and technical purposes
- Proactive and results oriented; conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure
- Flexible, hardworking, and self-motivated, with a positive attitude and the initiative to take on difficult challenges
- Excels in a dynamic and collaborative team environment
- Ability to elicit functional and non-functional requirements as needed to scope solution opportunities combining hardware, software, and services components
Education and Certification:
- S. / M.S. in Computer Sciences, I.T., Engineering, or equivalent required
- AWS Certified Solution Architect and/or alternate Cloud Service Provider equivalent required
- Teradata Masters certification desired
Additional Plus Qualifications:
- Agile and DevOps experience and certification
- Big Data certification
- Flexibility in terms of work location and hours
- Must be willing to travel occasionally up to 50%
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Solution Architect - Cloud Migration
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US