Program Manager Cloud Migration Delivery
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 211842
Program Manager - Cloud Migration Delivery
The Program Manager - Cloud Migration Delivery leads projects and program execution for professional services related to cloud projects including but not limited to cloud migrations and deployments. The Program Manager - Cloud Migration Delivery must comply with Teradata governance policies while balancing the needs of various stakeholder groups both internal and external. The ideal candidate understands cloud strategy, cloud deployments, customer expectations and the importance of delivery quality and customer satisfaction.
The Program Manager - Cloud Migration Delivery is expected to independently manage and deliver high quality projects, spearhead troubleshooting, identify, manage, and resolve delivery related escalations, and promptly and professionally communicate with project team members and all project related stakeholders.
General Job Expectations
- Exhibits project leadership and ownership
- Effectively communicates to a variety of stakeholders, both technical and business
- Acts in a strategically assertive manner
- Manages multiple resources and personalities (emotional intelligence)
- Manages customer expectations
- Proactively performs risk identification and mitigation
- Functions effectively in a matrixed environment
- Manages project and organizational constraints
- Interacts with project teams to set direction, efficiently capture, and report progress, status, and forecasting
- Manages project to completion while delivering to scope, time and budget
- Becomes familiar with Teradata services’ capabilities and core expertise
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent team player. Must be self-motivated (highly proactive), results driven, and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Intellectually curious. Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and customer relationship skills.
- Able to work effectively with internal customers, including our services teams, region leadership, Sales, and other business units within Teradata.
- Can-do, positive attitude with a focus on driving results for customers and the business.
- Achieves defined project goals within declared deadlines; proactively communicates status and escalates issues as needed.
- Willing to learn. Develops expertise in areas outside of core comfort zone.
- Strong process orientation and attention to detail.
- Track record of Success.
Core Experience Requirements
- Project Management Professional (PMP) and/or Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP) Preferred
- S. required, M.B.A. or M.S. Preferred
- Implementation experience with AWS or Azure required. Implementation with more than one cloud service provider preferred: AWS, Azure and Google Cloud
- CSP Cloud Practitioner Certification strongly desired
- Knowledgeable of the various cloud deployment approaches including public, private, managed, and hybrid cloud variants.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Strong Excel skills and able to create / use Pivot tables, Macros, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills; strong detail orientation
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in the management and delivery of complex cloud, Data and Analytic-based solutions
- Must be willing to travel up to 50%, Monday through Friday
- Flexibility in terms of work location and hours
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Program Manager Cloud Migration Delivery
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US