ETL Developer (with French language expertise)
Location: Prague, Praha CZ
Requisition Number: 211832
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavour to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Teradata’s Global Delivery Center (GDC) brings together data enthusiasts from all corners of the world to support our customers within the EMEA region. We analyse their business needs and address them with the most sophisticated data solutions including Data Warehouses, Data Lakes, Operational Data Stores and much more.
We are looking for a French-speaking ETL Developer to perform various tasks during the Data Warehouse implementation like analyses, database and architecture design, gathering business requirements, creating testing and implementation scenarios, developing and implementing planned solutions etc.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Performing data warehouse tasks for large projects (database design, business analyses, collecting business requirements and translating into technical solution, ETL development)
- Deliver business and application specific consulting services included in the integrated Teradata solutions
- Support the pre-sale process as well as client communication
- Providing mapping and design of customer’s business needs to the Teradata database and BI components
- Understand Business Data Model and logical mappings (source mappings, LDM mappings)
- Create detailed, technical Source Target mappings
- Develop and implement ETL and BI solutions
- Perform unit testing and package jobs to be prepared for deployment
- Present and explain the implanted solution to the customer
- Any experience working on DWH projects
- Experience with collecting business requirements and transforming them to the technical solution
- Experience with the creation/modification of a Data Model and Mappings or Technical ETL specifications (Source to Target Mapping)
- Excellent SQL knowhow
- ETL development, implementation, documentation and testing experience
- Flexibility in working from Prague (Czech Republic) with business trips abroad if required by the customer
- Advanced English and French language
- EU passport or work permit for Czech Republic is required
- Employment Type – Full Time
- Knowledge of scripting and programming
- Knowledge of third-party ETL tool (IBM Datastage, Ab Inition, Informatica PowerCenter, etc)
- Familiar with CASE modeling
- Experience with ETL tools and best practices
- Knowledge of Teradata products and tools and utilities
- Experience with End to End solution development
- Any other European language
What we offer:
- World-class technical training within Teradata University
- Every new hire gets a detailed training plan containing on-site training about Teradata Vantage architecture
- 25 days of holiday a year, 3 sick days and various other time off to enjoy special occasions
- Flexibility of working from home and from our fully equipped office in the 24th floor of the second tallest building in Prague
- Private medical care
- Meal vouchers
- Company’s contribution for the Pension fund
- Life insurance
- Company’s assistance in case of sickness (25% of your gross base salary) in addition to local regulations
- Employee referral program (4,000$ USD)
- Relocation bonus (if coming to Prague from abroad)
- Sports and activities membership program
- Language courses for employees
- Employee stock purchase program
- Contribution of 300$ USD for a mobile phone of your choice (every 2 years)
Community / Marketing Title: ETL Developer (with French language expertise)
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Prague, Praha CZ