Procurement Contracts Manager
Location: Peachtree Corners, Georgia US
Requisition Number: 211825
Indirect Procurement at Teradata is changing for the better. We are maturing our organization from a reactive, transactional organization to become a proactive, strategic, world class, value adding business partner. The transformation of Sourcing and Procurement at Teradata is a key enabler of Teradata’s vision and strategy to improve profitability of the company.
Your mission will be to own the Contract Lifecycle Management processes for Direct and Indirect Procurement at Teradata. This position may work form our headquarters in San Diego, in our Atlanta office (Peachtree Corners) or be Virtual in the US.
What You’ll Do
- Provide expertise and lead/support contract negotiations with suppliers
- Own/Manage Procurement Contract Lifecycle Processes and Tools
- Drive Teradata’s Procurement Contracting Strategy in collaboration with Legal, Third Party Risk Management, InfoSec, and other key stakeholders.
- Proactively Collaborate with Teradata Legal to understand Legal Strategy, Requirements, and Statutory and Regulatory changes
- Proactively Collaborate with Teradata Sales / Go To Market, Product, Cloud and other functional organizations to understand business strategy and potential opportunities / impacts on contracting
- Proactively Collaborate with Category Managers to understand Market dynamics and Category Strategies
- Proactively Collaborate with Third Party Risk Management Council on incorporating risk management strategies into contracting
- Draft, Edit, Review entire agreements (Master agreements, Statements of Work, addenda, etc) in collaboration with Legal, Category Managers and other Stakeholders
- Negotiate Legal terms with suppliers and support Category Managers in negotiating Business Terms
- Own, update, and maintain Teradata standard templates and socialize updates with Category Managers and stakeholders
- Provide contract analysis and guidance to internal stakeholders at all levels when required
- Ensure executed agreements are uploaded and maintained in the correct systems / tools
- Drive evolution of contracting strategy at Teradata based on outside-in knowledge and perspective
- Prepare agreement summaries which include analysis on costs, risks, benefits, etc.
- Serve as Primary point of contact on source code escrow matters for Teradata customers
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10-15 years of experience drafting and negotiating Procurement contracts (business and legal terms). JD Preferred.
- Expert negotiator – ability to articulate and plan negotiation strategies
- Experience with Contracting for Indirect Procurement categories including Consulting, Contingent Labor, HR Services, Marketing, Travel, Infrastructure, Software, Cloud Services
- Good understanding and of GDPR, Data Privacy regulations in general, demonstrated experience negotiating regulatory driven customer requirements into agreements with suppliers
- Differentiator: Experience successfully negotiating master agreements with major public cloud vendors
- Experience at a technology company negotiating procurement contracts with suppliers
- Differentiator: Experience at SaaS companies (understanding of requirements that customers place on cloud SW companies that need to flow to suppliers)
- Experience negotiating contracts involving intellectual property ownership and licensing
- Ability to synthesize complex concepts into simple legal or business terms
- Expert ability to assess and communicate risk/reward and cost/value tradeoffs
- Expert communicator
- Experience with DocuSign required
- Experience designing Contract Lifecycle Management ecosystem and leveraging Contract Management tools for maximum value
- Demonstrated experience / ability to lead peers and influence at all levels internally and externally
- Innovative and Resourceful - Draws from a large pool of diverse resources or information.
- Creative - Develops new approaches for situations in which standard approaches do not apply
- Ability to lead problem solving activity
- Effective resource management and project management skills
- Ability to thrive in a high volume, fast paced environment
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: Peachtree Corners
Community / Marketing Title: Procurement Contracts Manager
Job Category: Legal
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Peachtree Corners, Georgia US