Senior Data Integration Consultant
Location: Cairo, Al Qahirah EG
Requisition Number: 211820
The Senior Data Integration Consultant specializes in the design and development of the ETL and ELT environment, processes, programs, and scripts to acquire data from source systems and apply the data to the tables in the database. This individual must have the skills necessary to understand the overall data warehouse architecture. The Consultant designs and builds the ETL environment with the specific toolset required by the client. The Senior DI Consultant participates in making decisions on database design and overall solution architecture.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Capture ETL Requirements
- Design, develop, test, support processes for extracting, transforming and loading data from source systems to DWH and Data Marts
- Design the processes to meet service level agreements for data timeliness and frequency
- Analyze and optimization current solutions, physical model optimization, query tuning
- Mentoring junior members of the team in data integration development best practices
- Analyze and improve query and solution performance, optimize physical model
- Developing project deliverable documentation
- Knowledge of any enterprise relational database (Teradata, Oracle, IBM)
- Knowledge of one of industrial ETL tool (Informatica, DataStage, ODI, SAS DI or others)
- Strong SQL and Shell scripting
- 3+ years of experience with DWH and 5+ Data Engineering experience
- Experience in implementing ETL solutions for large, enterprise-grade customers
- Experience in implementing ETL solutions in Hadoop environment is an advantage
- Knowledge of MPP system – Teradata, is an advantage
- Knowledge of any programming language (Java, Python, Scala and others) is an advantage
- Any ETL tools, DB certified is an advantage
- Experience Unix/Linus OS
- Experience in Enterprise Data Warehouse SQL Optimization
- Experience using Jira, Git, Jenkins is an advantage
- Knowledge of Metadata driven approach is an advantage
- Experience in Physical Model Optimization
- Advanced Communication skills: being able to communicate with heads of business departments
Teradata is not your average place to work: we are inspiring and passionate people with a dynamic, relaxed and collaborative culture. This is your chance for you to join an organization with ambitious growth targets, where you can make your mark and shape the future.
Teradata is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of our business. We are excited by the unique qualities, abilities, and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered on all the fundamentals they may bring to the role and the team.
State: Al Qahirah
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Data Integration Consultant
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Cairo, Al Qahirah EG