Senior Software Engineer
Location: Dalian, Liaoning Sheng CN
Requisition Number: 211808
Teradata Software Engineers in Sustaining Engineering are key members of an expert team of support analysts, focused on delivering a myriad of deep-level technical support related assignments to both internal and external audiences. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the Teradata database and its associated tools and platforms along with the ability to clearly articulate support decisions and findings. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, creative, support analyst who is ready to contribute to Teradata's success. Teradata have three level of expertise to handle the customer issue related to Teradata software. Sustaining engineering is the highest level of expertise. This individual is responsible to give final resolution for the customer issue.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Product / problem analysis to get to root cause of defect in Teradata database software.
- Provide solution to address customer issues.
- Interface into other organizations (internal and external). Ability to maneuver cross-organizationally and demonstrate a high-level of professionalism. Ability to deliver succinct and concise presentations
- Mentoring and development of resources as needed
Skills & Attributes
The ideal candidate is an acknowledged Teradata expert with strong interpersonal and communications skills, excellent analytical skills, ability to plan and organize. The successful candidate will have the ability to lead, mentor and transfer knowledge to others. They will have experience in high performance computing environments.
- BS in Computer Science or other technical discipline with 8 years of related experience
- Or, Master’s in Computer Science with 6 years of related experience
- Deep understanding of Teradata product knowledge
- Experience in Teradata database best practices
- Experience with or knowledge of software structured as a collection of processes using message system primitives
- Good language skills and writing ability
- Ability to understand and work with complex software and parallel processing.
- Cultural awareness
- Working experience of SUSE LINUX operating systems
- Considerable experience programming with C and C++ programming language
- Considerable experience programming with Java programming language
- Considerable experience programming with Python programming language
- Considerable experience of system software programming
- Experience analyzing data
- Closed Loop/Corrective Action experience
- Experience with application programming
- Association with a development environment
- SQL experience
- 24x7 operation may require working alternate shifts or being part of an on-call rotation
- Global organization
- Some travel will be required
- International travel may be required
State: Liaoning Sheng
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dalian, Liaoning Sheng CN