Cloud Network Engineer - Lead
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 211806
Cloud Network Engineer - Lead
Location: San Diego
We’re seeking a Lead Cloud Network Engineer experienced in design, implementation, and support of a large-scale Hybrid Cloud environment. This hands-on position will provide technical expertise regarding such things as SDN, NFV, Network automation, LAN / WAN, VPN, and Load-balancing technologies within a Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure. Strong preference towards someone with full stack experience that has worked in a DevOps environment.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Understand and participate in DevOps culture and practices
- Design, Deploy, and Support new and existing hardware in support of current customers and future growth.
- Automation is in your DNA.
- Manage small to medium-sized projects and/or portions of large projects and assist in resolving issues and planning for new network services and connectivity.
- Provide level of escalation in response to incidents/requests regarding network performance and configuration, including off hours escalations.
- Maintain network documentation, run-books, diagrams, and network assets in the configuration management database.
- Develop and continually improve guidelines and procedures related to Network management including process and efficiency improvements.
- Monitor and tune network infrastructure to identify and eliminate issues and potential bottlenecks.
- Prepare and review periodic reports related to performance and capacity.
Experience with Software Defined Networking (SDN) and/or network configuration automation (Scripting with Pearl/Python/Bash or DevOps tools like Chef/Puppet/Ansible)
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP, VLAN/VXLAN, VRF, QoS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP as well as MPLS connectivity/architecture.
- Working knowledge of network monitoring and performance tools such as SolarWinds Orion and Wireshark.
- Practical experience related to LAN, WAN, InfiniBand, VPN, and P2P, preferably in a Hybrid Cloud environment.
- Broad technical knowledge of Cisco networking technologies and platforms to include, Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI), Nexus 9/7/5/2k, ASR 1k and 9k, vPC, OTV, and VDC configuration.
- Strong understanding of IT production environments, operational strategies and mission critical systems to include IT internal controls and regulatory compliance.
- Experience with Disaster Recovery.
- 8+ years of extensive hands on networking and troubleshooting experience in large, distributed corporate environments.
- 5+ years with LTM, GTM, ASM, and WAF (F5 and Palo Alto preferred).
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Public Cloud (AWS, Azure)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strategic thinker, ability to see big picture and develop roadmaps
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Results oriented team player who will work towards meeting team commitments and ability to work within a cross-functional team.
- A passion for improving processes and a commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Good organizational and time management skills to work on multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work in collaboration with product development engineering teams
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
Knowledge of Teradata platform.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies.
Preferred Educational Level/Certifications/Citizenship
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering/Science or equivalent degree and/or work experience.
Current CCNP and/or CCDP (CCIE preferred)
US Permanent Residence
Travel Requirement: Minimal
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Network Engineer - Lead
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US