Sr IT Project / Program Manager
Location: Mexico City, Mexico City, Mexico
Requisition Number: 211804
The Sr. IT Project Manager is responsible for successful delivery of large and complex programs/projects through all phases of the Project Management Lifecycle which includes – initiation, planning, development, execution, control & closeout of projects. The Sr. IT Project Manager will support IT and the business as a member of the IT PMO organizing, coordinating and driving technology programs and projects. Managing internal resources and vendors for the successful execution of projects will be key to the role. The Sr. IT Project Manager will provide strategic guidance to teams and other resources in ways that promote the successful outcomes of technology initiatives, utilizing the appropriate approach and tools to meet business and IT expectations. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator and leader, comfortable in leading technology centric projects/programs, and have experience in managing staff of different disciplines across business and technology to produce results in a timely manner.
Role and Responsibilities
· Lead strategic IT programs and complex technology projects
· Ensure IT programs/projects deliver on commitments
· Define, plan, direct the establishment & execution of a broad range of technical programs/projects, while balancing the competing demands of scope, time, cost, quality, resources and risk
· Plan, organize, lead and monitor the activities of the project team
· Develop detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports
· Provide project risk analysis and mitigation planning
· Maintain overall control of the schedule, budget and scope
· Create collaborative partnerships and perform stakeholder management with customers, vendors and other teams to achieve project objectives.
· Ensure projects’ objectives/requirements are clear and agreed to by all stakeholders.
· Develop projects’ scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
· Prepare and manage deliverables (Project Plan, Risk Plan, Communication Plan, etc.) – use deliverables to conduct the project
· Manage the escalation of issues and submit recommendations to executive steering teams to remediate
· Track the status of deliverables and any decisions made regarding Project Change Requests and outstanding issues weekly
· Update appropriate documentation and project plan to reflect changes in requirements and commitments
· Identify, document and ensure analysis of scope change requests throughout the project lifecycle
· Utilize company release management, change management standards and procedures
· Active participation, in and contribute to, the IT PMO policies and procedures
· Travel as required for successful delivery of initiatives
· BS/BA in business or a technical field with 7 to 10 years of directly relevant experience OR Master’s degree with 5 to 8 years of applicable business experience, with at least five (5) years of experience leading major and/or complex IT programs including at least three (3) years of experience managing large projects
· Comprehensive and demonstrable understanding and experience in Agile software development
· PMP certification, SCRUM Master is a plus
· Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods (Scheduling, Resourcing, Cost Management, Scoping, etc.)
· Excellent knowledge of Collaboration tools; working knowledge of program/project management software is a strong advantage
· Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
· Expert managing multiple, simultaneous projects and programs
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent problem-solving ability
· Ability to address and resolve difficult situations even under time pressure
· Experience managing projects with a global footprint
· Experience collaborating with and supporting business leaders within a large corporate environment
· Demonstrated ability to influence and manage the expectations of stakeholders, team members, management and external partners
· Profound knowledge on business process, business data and related key performance indicators
· Familiarity with diverse systems landscapes and integration needs (i.e. CRM, ERP (Oracle), BI, HCM, Cloud based Infrastructure, etc.)
· Demonstrated experience in leading projects for SaaS based technology solutions such as Salesforce, Workday, FinancialForce, Hyperion Planning, Office 365 (O365) is a plus
City: Mexico City
Community / Marketing Title: Sr IT Project / Program Manager
Job Category: IT
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mexico City, Mexico MX