Director Cloud Solutions, Public Sector
Location: Washington, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 211798
Director Cloud Solutions, Public Sector
Teradata (NYSE: TDC), the world's leading data analytics company is looking for people who are passionate about helping our customers leverage cloud services to join our Teradata Cloud BU team. This is a unique opportunity to join our team in a period of fast growth and expansion. If you are interested in working in a startup like environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then Teradata is the place for you. You will join a team of business development professionals, cloud experts, and business builders to deploy cloud services and cloud native integrations that bring Teradata’s analytics capabilities to the public cloud platforms.
This is a unique opportunity to join the Cloud Business Unit team which is in a period of fast growth and expansion. If you are interested in working in a startup like environment, can drive business outcomes for customers and want to directly influence the future of our cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then Teradata is the place for you. You will join a team of business builders who are cloud experts responsible for bringing Teradata’s analytics capabilities to the public cloud platforms.
This position is on our Cloud Strategy and Solutions team within the Cloud Business Unit. As the Director Cloud Solutions for Public Sector (IC role), you will work with our public cloud partners to ensure Teradata brings the right cloud use cases and solutions to our Public Sector customers, combining Vantage with our public cloud partner Industry Clouds and native services such as Datalakes, DW & Analytics, AI/ML, IOT, 5G/Edge computing. You will collaborate with Teradata teams (Strategy, Product, Marketing, Sales, SA, Support, Industry and Partner) to take our cloud solutions to market. You will be responsible for cloud revenue growth, have a proven track record of leading complex solutions programs, strong data and metrics bias, a good understanding of industry ecosystems (CSP, ISV, SI).
The right candidate will have specific knowledge of the sales, operations, customer service, and underlying IT processes with Public Sector customers ideally in several of the following segments: federal, state, or local governments, education, research, nonprofit, and healthcare organizations with experience interacting at the CxO/VP level. You are an expert in how these customers leverage data to serve citizens more effectively, achieve scientific breakthroughs, and reach broader constituents.
Role & Responsibilities
- Working backwards from customer’s needs, identify public sector industry solution themes, portfolio of use cases for each theme, and how Teradata Vantage plus our public cloud partner can deliver solutions for each
- Collaborate with Teradata teams and public cloud providers to realize solutions, including reference architectures, patterns, automation for one-click deployment, etc.
- Develop GTM plan for the industry cloud and associated use cases, pilot and scale (field enablement) and assess revenue performance, and evolve based on results
- Establish both business and technical credibility in sales cycles, drive discussions with CxOs, Line of Business Leaders, Chief Data Strategists, Chief Data Science Officers, CIOs, CTOs
- Participate in / present at C-level meetings, Executive Briefings, and industry events to demonstrate Teradata’s leadership in furthering our customers’ goals and objectives.
- BA/BS in relevant area or equivalent years of experience. MBA or MS is preferred.
- 10+ years of customer facing technical business development, GTM, or product management developing cloud solutions in the Public Sector industry; leading cross-org teams to realize solutions, including reference architectures, solution automation, GTM and sales plays.
- 5+ years of experience with public cloud architectures; hands-on experience with AWS or Azure public cloud native services for Datalakes, EDW, Analytics, AI/ML, IOT, 5G/Edge.
- Strong leadership skills, with proven verbal and written communications skills to work effectively across internal and external organizations and understand what it takes to grow a market and deliver long-term business objectives.
- A proven customer centric viewpoint, with associated hands-on experiences; aware of the competitive landscape and industry trends driving our customer’s decisions in the analytics space.
- Demonstratable ability to impact and influence business results where cross group collaboration is required using strong facilitation and consensus building skills; proven success influencing sales teams and sales leaders.
- Ability to travel up to 50% both domestically and internationally, including periodic travel to our corporate headquarters in San Diego CA. Please note, due to COVID 19 travel is restricted at this time.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Director Cloud Solutions, Public Sector
Job Category: Sales
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US