Americas Ecosystem Architect
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 211679
Americas Ecosystem Architect
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
As the recognized leader in data and analytics, Teradata is all about empowering high-impact business outcomes to unleash the potential of great companies. We focus every day on helping customers build lasting analytic capabilities and drive differentiated value through our flexible delivery of analytics at scale on an agile data foundation.
The Ecosystem Architect (EA) is an expert architect, able to translate business strategy, requirements and constraints into a coherent technology strategy and roadmap. The EA is responsible for working with account teams to develop a client-specific target architecture and an associated architecture account plan that exceeds client requirements, helps to win new business for Teradata and grows the consumption of Teradata software in our accounts. A senior and seasoned technology professional, the EA is a trusted advisor with a broad understanding of digital transformation initiatives, the analytic technology landscape, industry trends and client motivations. The EA is also a charismatic communicator and expert consultant, capable of going toe-to-toe with the C-level in our customers and prospects and willing and able to constructively challenge them.
Successful candidates will:
- Become a trusted advisor to both the client’s senior decision makers and the Teradata account team by establishing credibility and expertise in both data strategy in general and in the use of analytic technology solutions to solve business problems in at least one major industry vertical;
- Engage with senior business leaders to understand and shape their goals and objectives and their corresponding information needs and analytic requirements;
- Provide strategic consulting to client decision makers that enable them to define technology plans to meet-and-exceed these goals and objectives by effectively leveraging data and analytics;
- Work with Teradata account teams to define, develop and document target business, information and analytic application architectures, roadmaps and standards that are aligned with both the customer’s business and IT objectives;
- Contribute to the financial objectives of Teradata account teams through business development, demand creation and billable consulting activities;
- Participate in the development and curation of architecture assets that improve the performance and effectiveness of the Teradata account teams;
- Provide thought leadership and share their hard-won skills and experience with peers and colleagues throughout the organization.
Successful candidates must -
- Demonstrate the ability to think strategically and have a keen interest in - and understanding of - digital transformation and data and analytic technologies;
- Be an exceptional communicator and consultant with a proven ability to lead from the front and to influence and persuade at the C-level;
- Have at least 10+ years hands-on experience in architecting, designing, delivering or optimizing Data Warehouse and/or Data Lake solutions;
- Demonstrate relevant domain expertise in at least one industry vertical (e.g.: Retail, Finance) or one horizontal (e.g.: Supply Chain);
- Possess exceptional problem-solving skills and excellent organizational and people skills;
- Continuously develop their own consulting and technology skills and ensure that they stay abreast of relevant industry developments, including the emergence and evolution of new analytic solutions and technologies;
- Develop and mentor colleagues and peers throughout the Americas organization.
Successful candidates will preferably -
- Have a background in technology consulting and relevant pre-sales experience;
- Be intimately familiar with Teradata’s architecture frameworks, principles and advocated positions and / or have an industry architecture framework certification such as TOGAF, Zachman or FEA;
- Have experience of architecting, designing and implementing Cloud-based solutions;
- Be familiar with SQL and at least one other relevant analytic programming language;
- Have a degree level qualification in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline.
The Ecosystem Architect will work from a virtual (home) office with considerable time required onsite with customers. 30-40% travel is expected in the field with team at customers or in a collaborative location (e.g., office) planning, preparing, practicing for customer interactions. A combination of independent work and team collaboration will be required.
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Americas Ecosystem Architect
Job Category: Sales
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US