Regional Financial Planning & Analysis Lead
Location: Atlanta, Georgia US
Requisition Number: 211619
The Regional Financial Planning & Analysis Lead will be part of the Americas FP&A team, but will act as a conduit to the corporate FP&A team. This person will work closely with the financial managers who support the Geo's across the Americas and the corporate team and will perform regularly scheduled and ad hoc financial analysis. In addition, the role also ensures new tools or systems and processes are properly funneled down to the Americas FP&A team and ensure the Americas stays in sync with their EMEA and APJ counterparts.
- Performs region level (Americas) financial analysis
- Bridge between Americas FP&A organization and Corporate FP&A, operating as a dotted line member of the corporate FP&A staff
- Lead for Americas FP&A in cross functional projects such as Hyperion Planning, ERP, as well as representation of Americas in financial planning requirements for global IT project planning
- Project support of the Regional Planning teams during the launch and implementation of new tools and reporting
- Collaboration in the initiation and evaluation of new project ideas for further development of the Financial Planning processes
- Responsibility for the successful execution of integrative system tests of existing and new business processes to be implemented
- Documentation, further development, and automatization of existing financial processes
- Definition of matrixes and KPIs for effective measurement and controlling of business units in the implementation of the global strategy
- Preparation of (user) documentation of implemented financial processes and participation as well as leading training events for the Americas FP&A organization
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 years related work experience; minimum of 5 years in a similar FP&A role
- Experience in successful system implementations
- Independent and self-reliant way of working with a strong understanding of workflows and processes
- Flexibility, resilience, and reliability
- Team-oriented thinking and acting
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as Business Objects
- Exceptional business acumen with the ability to understand and analyze financial data to propose solutions to drive the business and understand long term business impacts
- Ability to converse, explain and educate complex financial topics and their impact to the overall financial health of the business
- Cross functional leadership skills to drive understanding and sound business decisions
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills with the ability to communicate through all levels of the organization.
While San Diego and Atlanta are both offices that this person could work from in a hybrid model, we will also consider virtual applicants.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
Community / Marketing Title: Regional Financial Planning & Analysis Lead
Job Category: Finance
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Atlanta, Georgia US