Senior Business Systems Analyst - ServiceNow
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 211618
The Senior Business Systems Analyst - ServiceNow reporting to the Sr. IT Manager, Applications, will be accountable for delivering technology-enabled solutions in support of the Teradata customer service & support roadmap. Teradata is under-going transformational change of the organization, processes, and systems. We have taken our customer support & service technology to a cloud platform, which is allowing us to retire a great deal of legacy, home-grown applications. While some legacy applications will remain, the focus will be on the new cloud platform. We desire an experienced BSA to help drive us forward in the customer support & service space.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for requirements gathering, facilitation of business process discussions, solution design and documentation, application administration & configuration, testing, and end-user support.
• Provide direction and leadership in promoting and implementing best practice solutions for both business process and technology
• Partner with our managed service provider and vendors to proactively address problems and troubleshoot production issues.
• Contribute to the delivery of recurring platform releases.
• Provide customer support & service subject-matter expertise for projects spanning multiple business units and technologies.
• Contribute to and assist in managing the roadmap for customer support & service technology enhancements.
Qualifications and Experience
• Hand-on experience with ServiceNow configuration in one or more of the following areas: Customer Service Management (strongly preferred), IT Service Management (ITSM), and IT Operations Management (ITOM).
• Minimum of five (5) years of BSA experience supporting customer support & service technology (case management, knowledge management, etc.) in a complex, publicly-traded, global organization.
• Hands-on experience with ServiceNow platform capabilities, including Service Portal, Service Catalog, Knowledge Base, Workflow, Change Management, Incident Management, Event Management, and Configuration Management.
• Integration of ServiceNow into a complex information technology eco-system, including back-office applications such as Salesforce, Informatica, ERP, etc.
• Success using agile principles to deliver great business outcomes through technology. Jira experience a plus.
• Demonstrated experience working with a managed service provider to partner on delivery.
• Strong written, verbal, and listening communication skills: articulate and effective communicator and presenter, able to describe complex problems and solutions in understandable terms; ability to frame communications to a diverse set of stakeholders.
Education & Special Training
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (CS), Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), or equivalent, required.
• Master's degree in CS, CIS, MIS, or related disciplines, or MBA, is preferred. ServiceNow Certifications & Training preferred.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Business Systems Analyst - ServiceNow
Job Category: IT
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US