VP, Industry Solutions - (AMS)
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 211614
VP, Industry Consulting - (AMS)
As the recognized leader in data and analytics, Teradata believes that analytics and data unleash the potential of great companies and our mission is to empower companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics at scale and on our industry leading technology foundation.
The VP, Industry Consulting will report to the Executive VP, Region GTM. He/she will be accountable for leading the team of Industry Consultants. This is to execute on Teradata’s strategy to drive outcome discussions with clients, ensure vertical alignment around industry coverage and best practice sharing, define resource allocation aligned industry strategies. This role will manage the industry Consulting Vertical Leads. The VP, Industry Consulting must regularly partner with leaders across Teradata, to effectively:
- Develop motivate and retain talent and foster a high performing team culture
- Plan, compose and execute go to vertical market strategies for Teradata
- Be recognized as the thought leaders in DNA for each of Teradata’s chosen verticals
- Deliver results according to regional SIP targets
- Support the customer-facing teams with region and company strategies and engage with customers at every opportunity to influence and shape the deal size and ROI for all parties
- Influence and drive the new logo acquisition capability
What we are looking for:
This role is pivotal in driving a “One Team” high-performance culture and standard across the Teradata GTM Organization within the Region.
- Lead the team of pre-sales focused Industry Consultants
- Manage, foster and grow relationships at the executive level with high visibility key clients.
- Providing focus in the development of organizational capabilities, including recruiting, investment decisions, pricing, and coaching others in professional development.
- Develop strategies and offerings that are relevant to Teradata prospects and allows the organization to evolve ahead of changes in business conditions.
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key prospects, industry partners, and other third parties
- Establish a culture and environment that attracts, develops and retains high performing talent to influence customers and prospects strategically
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
The position requires a blend of 15+ years of progressive industry consulting leadership and international experience, plus 15+ years of direct Teradata customer knowledge and experience. Has a successful track record developing, training and managing a high-performance team with an international and vertical industry focus. This position requires experience working in high-quality, best practice environments where the work exposed and required you to experience a wide variety of approaches, practices, systems and thinking, including experience in mid-to-large, global companies. The desired candidates will have held a similar position in the past and experiences supporting and leading strategy, business transformation and change in international sales & consulting organizations.
Your Critical Skills:
- Ability to motivate and empower a leadership team to achieve corporate & GTM objectives. This includes providing a shared vision, vertical GTM strategy and challenging the status quo to champion new initiatives. This competency involves providing clear direction and creating an environment that fosters professional and personal success in a multicultural and diverse international environment.
- Coaching and Development: The ability to individually coach, mentor and develop colleagues and associates to enhance their performance on both consulting skills, strategy and customer engagements. Also, to evaluate performance and contribute significantly to individual mentoring and development plans for all team members.
Customer Centricity & Solutions Based
- Focus on driving strategic customer engagements, developing and nurturing relationships with the Teradata account teams and partners to expand the firm’s coverage of territories and building sustainable subscription software, consulting and managed services revenue.
Managing Business Results
- Ability to effectively manage revenue generation and business profitability while meeting strategic business objectives. This includes territory design, demand creation, funnel management, forecasting, resource planning, asset management, business development and optimization, pricing decisions and expense control.
- A keen understanding of the meaning and implications of key financial levers that impact overall business performance.
In addition to these critical skills, to be effective in the role, candidates must:
- Demonstrate success in managing and influencing large account relationships, playing a key part in closing significant deals and leading teams to develop new account opportunities.
- Have experience working in a multi-national corporation and multi-cultural matrix environment.
- Have experience in world class organizations with strong reputation for well disciplined, highly professional teams.
- Be a champion of customer enablement and technology, experience in using SalesForce/CRM and Financial Force deployments
- Strong track record for high performance while leading through change and transition.
This is an ideal role for a high performing consulting executive who is looking for their next opportunity and interested in building, but not from scratch and at scale, in an environment where we are investing in our tools, technology, process, practice and people. Our preference is for candidates that can “hit the ground running” and bring experience in the ecosystems we operate in - high tech industry and/or professional / consulting services. What’s most important for all positions in our GTM team is that leaders have strong fundamentals in sales/consulting organizational leadership, a strategist who can operationalize, a global thinker who maximizes leverage and network knowledge in an enterprise matrix, drives a strong, disciplined approach to process and execution, is highly accountable, holds themselves and others to a high standard and is passionate about what they do.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: VP, Industry Solutions - (AMS)
Job Category: Sales
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US