Software Development Engineer in Test
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 211611
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Teradata is seeking a highly motivated Software Development Engineer in Test to be a part of the Data Science Engineering group within Teradata’s Product Engineering organization. This is a hands-on test development and execution role. The successful candidate contributes to a team chartered with developing Enterprise-Class Analytic Functions that our customers use to solve some of the most challenging analytic problems. These Functions run in our massively parallel SQL Engine at scale – leveraging on-premise, cloud, and hybrid cloud environments.
Are you excited about being challenged to understand a variety of complex analytic functions and turn complex analytic product suites into testable use cases? Would you enjoy creating meaningful tests cases to measure the accuracy of our analytic products? Would you like to work closely with the team to contribute to releasing the best analytic products? If all this is exciting to you, this is your team!
Our engineers contribute to the vision of the team, discussing technological options, and experimenting with new ideas. In our Teradata team, we teach and learn from each other which helps us to harness the enthusiasm of everybody to pull in the same direction.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Participate in Agile development processes and focus on automated testing to support software quality efforts
- Critically analyze requirements and design and develop feature-rich test cases
- The test case design, development/coding, execution, and analysis
- Test development using various tools and programming languages
- Automation script development to facilitate deployment of test assets to support on-premise and cloud-based testing
- Defect management through standard tools and processes
- Passion for QA and knack for writing code and tests that break code
- Data Science knowledge and experience
- Prior experience with using databases. Must be able to demonstrate proficiency with querying and managing data in SQL
- Experience in Python and R
- Ability to review detailed design specifications and define appropriate testing strategies for complex software systems
- Proven track record programming test cases in a variety of languages and tools
- Passion for the elegance and efficiency afforded by test automation
- Desire and willingness to learn new tools and technologies
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- BS Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with 3+ years of related experience
- MS Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with 2+ years of related experience
- Experience writing automated tests for complex applications and components
- Experience with best-in-class software development practices including using source control, unit testing, continuous integration, and test-driven development
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment
Preferred Tools & Experience
- Experience with version control systems (GIT)
- Familiarity testing in Public Cloud environments such as AWS or Azure
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMWare, Openstack, Docker
- Experience with organizational tools such as Confluence and JIRA
- Experience with Teradata a plus
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Software Development Engineer in Test
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US