Staff Software Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 211600
Teradata Labs, the technology research and development (R&D) organization within Teradata Corporation, has been turning innovative decision support technology into business results for over 30 years. Our R&D team of analytic architects, database developers and engineers work to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions. Our Big Data analytics and discovery technology helps to make sense of petabyte scale multi-structured data to better understand customer behaviors, anticipate customer needs and develop better products and solutions
C/C++ Software Engineer
Architect, design, code, and test enhancements for Teradata database software for new and complex features in Kernel area. The candidate will need to acquire or have knowledge of 1) strong database concepts with SQL knowledge 2) in depth knowledge of Teradata internals focusing on database kernel area 4) understanding of cloud enablement features that are required to be developed for Teradata software.
The role is of a Key contributor of a commercial software core product component development cycle from inception to production customer adoption. Data integration engine internal development knowledge and experience are must. The candidate will be required to contribute to feature architecture, design specifications as well as analyse high complex requirements for feature development. Candidate is required to participate in the feature design thru development using the agile development methodology. Ability to analyse requirements, customer value and do technical feasibility for complex Teradata software thinking big picture is expected. Focus on quality with excellent design and development skills, attention to details is required. Candidate should possess ability to articulate and discuss high level approaches with technical architects, management and other stake holders in order to get thru the development and realization efforts. Ability to contribute to test architect and perform design, test and code reviews is expected. Strong technical leadership skills are essential to maintain and take forward the product vision using agile methodology. This is an individual contributor position reporting to an Engineering Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or similar technical discipline with 12 to 14 years of working experience as Software Engineer using C/C++ programming languages
- Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering with 10 to 12 years of working experience as Software Engineer using C/C++ programming languages
- Experience with large-scale, enterprise C/C++ software development. Working knowledge of Java would be an added advantage
- Strong data structure and algorithms fundamentals
- Self-motivated and self-organizing individual, with a high capacity for rapid learning and having meticulous attention to detail
- Knowledge of SQL and an understanding of relational database concepts either thru academic knowledge or working exposure
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to negotiate with team and stakeholders and ability to technical lead
- Effective team player and experienced in software development life cycle. Use of Agile methodologies and tools and working knowledge on product owner role will be an advantage.
- Strong analytical skills in parallel processing environment/software with strong IPC and parallel programming fundamentals
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision
- Ability to efficiently communicate with remote stake holders and effectively lead a small group of high energy engineers
- Strong background in database internals and/or analytics through academic or working exposure
- Working knowledge of UNIX operating systems is highly desirable
- Strong technical leadership skills preferably thru working exposure and ability to build product vision and roadmaps is desirable
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN