Project and Event Manager - Hackathons
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 211590
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
The Quality & Tools group enables our product teams to build world-class products in both Public Clouds (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and On-Premise. We are looking for a project manager to run Hackathons and Engineering education events. We are seeking candidates with experience in project management and event coordination to design and run events that build excitement and empower engineers to grow and innovate.
- Organize, promote, and deliver engineering events such as Engineering Hackathons and prototype testing
- Report on program metrics, tracking attendance and customer feedback
- Research, negotiate and coordinate outside service needs with speakers and vendors as required
- Outlining potential organizational partners, venues, and participants
- Manage a diverse set of internal relationships, with the ability to influence stakeholders (facilities, event operations, audiovisual team, etc.)
- May perform interviews with project stakeholders and participants
- Managing survey distribution and data collection
- Collaborating with Marketing on the printing of posters, shirts, stickers, and decorations for hackathons as well as sharing of Hackathon photos and posters
- Open and track purchase orders for Hackathons
- Assist with facilitation of engineering new hire training
- Assist with the delivery of new training content for Engineers
- Develops project management plan with meeting and communication schedules
Required Skills and Experience:
- US Permanent Residence
- Bachelor's degree in a Technology field
- 2 or more years of Information Technology Project Management experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize work with multiple demands
- Ability to coordinate multiple events at the same time
- Team player with a passion for continuous improvement and a commitment to customer satisfaction
- Proven working experience in project management in the event management or information technology sector
- Experience working with Office 365 set of applications and Atlassian Toolset
- Experience in organizing or managing hackathons, innovation challenges, or similar events
- Experience applying gamification techniques
- Project Management Certification
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Project and Event Manager - Hackathons
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US