Product Support Engineer (II)
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 211573
Title: GSO Product Support Engineer - Database (SQLE)
What We Do
Teradata delivers business outcome led through technology-enabled solutions in the areas that matter most – from operational excellence and asset optimization, to customer experience and product innovation, to finance transformation and risk mitigation. We work with leading businesses in over 75 countries worldwide. Our clients include many of the top performers and best-known brands in telecom, transportation, consumer packaged goods, financial services and manufacturing. We focus on turning the most complex and challenging data sets into high-value assets that produce high-impact insights and tangible value for the business. We empower companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes. Our focus on business solutions for analytics, coupled with our industry leading technology and architecture expertise, can unleash the potential of great companies.
What You’ll Do:
Teradata Product Support Engineers are key members of an expert team of support analysts, focused on delivering a myriad of deep-level technical support related assignments to both internal and external audiences. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the Teradata database and its associated tools and platforms along with the ability to clearly articulate support decisions and findings. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, creative, support analyst who is ready to contribute to Teradata's success.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Teradata products
- Work with internal and external customers to deliver technical analysis and solutions for Teradata product issues
- Recreate problems to assist with root cause analysis
- Interact with Engineering and peers to isolate product defects
- Adhere to Teradata Incident Management Process
- Treat every customer professionally and with respect; ensure positive customer experience and satisfaction
- Coordinate proper escalations, where needed, for unresolved issues
- Gain and maintain current knowledge of Teradata Customer Services Policies, Procedures and Service offerings
- Create knowledge on new learnings
- Experience working in a mission critical, 24/7 environment
- Assist in technical mentoring
· Experience with LINUX and/or other OS environments
· Experience working in a geographically dispersed support team environment
· Ability to effectively technical knowledge
· Demonstrated problem solving skills and analytical ability
· Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
· Strong time management skills and multi-tasking abilities
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Experience using a problem ticketing system
· Ability to effectively share technical knowledge
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline 2+ years of experience
- Experience supporting customers with complex database systems
- Experience using the command line interface on LINUX
- Intermediate understanding of relational database and SQL
- Working knowledge of Java, C/C++, XML
- Basic knowledge of Teradata' System Management applications (Viewpoint, TASM)
- Basic troubleshooting/problem-solving skills
- Basic debugging skills/exposure to GDB
- Basic knowledge of query tuning, performance and resource data collection and analysis
- Work various shifts (i.e. after-hours, weekends, and holidays) as needed
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Product Support Engineer (II)
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN