Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 211563
Primary responsibility will be performing end-to-end testing for Teradata analytical ecosystem products, including understanding the feature specifications early in the development cycle to create test specifications, test cases and test plan, under the guidance of the feature test architects.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with 2+ years of programming experience and/or software testing experience.
- Ability to understand product features and functionalities from design documents
- Ability to write feature test specifications, developing the test cases and automating them, testing bug fixes, provide assistance in debugging and isolating problems
- Ability to isolate/troubleshoot problems and provide assistance to developers in resolving problems.
- Understanding test frameworks for testing
- Strong Programming skills in Java, Ansible, Shell and Python are required
- Knowledge of CICD and DevOps tools such as JIRA, Jenkins, Ansible etc.
- Experience in RESTful API development/testing.
- Experience working with Relational Databases (RDBMS) and SQL.
- Experience working in Unix/Linux environments
- Familiarity working in an agile development environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology
Good to have:
- Knowledge of white box testing, static/dynamic code scanning tools such as Coverity, Black Duck, etc.
- Knowledge about cloud computing platforms like AWS, Azure, GCP would be an advantage
- Knowledge of TDD/BDD
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible primarily for the feature testing of Teradata analytical ecosystem product.
- Participate in understanding of feature enhancements and creation of test specifications, cases and plan as needed.
- Develop test scripts either using Java language, Shell scripting, Python etc.
- Write technical documents that accurately describe unit test plans and reports.
- Execute tests according to approved test plans.
- Aptitude for understanding complex software from the functional and technical perspective.
- Report progress against objectives on periodic basis
Works with project team members and architects and reports to engineering manager.
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Test Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN