Program Manager, Product Lifecycle Coordinator
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 211559
Program Manager, Product Lifecycle Coordinator
Teradata, one of the world’s leading providers of data analytics solutions to many of the world’s largest and most successful companies, is currently poised for an incredible growth cycle as our newest strategies and analytics technologies take hold in the market.
As a Product Lifecycle Coordinator on the Product Operations team, you will be responsible for helping design processes and track activities that drive successful product planning, releases, market introductions and (eventually) retirements for all products in our portfolio.
Your daily responsibilities will be varied and influential--including product lifecycle strategy, process design, coordination of activities to achieve lifecycle milestones, collaboration with cross-functional teams, and monitoring of all products as they advance through the phases of the product lifecycle.
By virtue of these responsibilities, you will have a comprehensive view of our entire product portfolio and pipeline. You will regularly be asked to synthesize these views into quality presentations and deliverables for VP/Executive-level meetings and to manage the related trackers/dashboards that inform leadership decisions.
This requires someone adept at integrating efforts and activities across many leadership levels and organizations--including regular engagement with managers and senior leaders from product management, product engineering, field/sales enablement, technical enablement, sales, marketing, customer success, finance, IT, and more.
This role requires someone who is: (1) an eager and quick learner; (2) enjoys dynamic responsibilities and can work fluidly across many disciplines; (3) is methodical and pragmatic as a program manager and business strategist; and (4) is a natural integrator and team leader.
This will be a high-visibility role across Teradata and a strategic priority for improving our lifecycle processes and coordination of teams and activities. So confidence and comfort working directly with senior leaders and executives is a must.
- Work daily with product managers and product engineering to plan and execute the product lifecycle pipeline - with special focus on activities to make products generally available in the market
- Build strong relationships and organize cross-functional teams to collaborate on activities/efforts required to effectively manage and execute the product lifecycle
- Define requirements, build status dashboards, and establish the technology tools/infrastructure for successful lifecycle progress tracking and awareness
- Actively track, update, and report on product progress through the pipeline for all products
- Identify and mitigate risks/roadblocks, and escalate issues to stakeholders and leadership
- Propose and lead strategic projects to improve the product lifecycle and related processes
- Progressively gain knowledge of our product portfolio and offerings, and be able to articulate benefits, differentiators, and compare against competition
- Become comfortable describing the products, understanding how new releases add benefit to our existing portfolio
- Develop lifecycle process materials and documentation, including high-fidelity presentations, training materials, and resources to improve awareness and understanding of the lifecycle
- Provide direction and coach other team members on analytics, presentations, communication, and work/process management skillsets
Candidate must have 2-4+ years of experience, preferably in the technology or management consulting industries. The candidate must have a fundamental understanding of the high-tech product development methodologies and processes. Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills are a must, along with high levels of technical aptitude and the interest in using new software tools and dashboards for process tracking. Bachelor’s degree in business or technical field required.
Key qualifications and experience:
- Experience in technology industry, consulting, or other business management roles or environments required
- Strong critical thinker with ability to ramp-up quickly on Teradata business, product development, and go to market processes
- Robust communication skills (verbal, written) including ability to present, facilitate, and negotiate
- Independent problem solver who will take initiative and execute work
- Must be deadline driven, organized and able to execute against multiple active workstreams
- Willingness to roll up one’s sleeves and take on all aspects of work, from action item and note capture and follow up to high level strategic program design and prioritization
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, and experience with basic data modeling and executive-level presentation building
- Desired but not required:
- Experience with PowerBI, SharePoint Publisher Websites, Seismic Content Management, and Aha! Roadmap software (or similar tools)
- Certification and/or experience with the Agile Scrum development methodology
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the email@example.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Program Manager, Product Lifecycle Coordinator
Job Category: Product Management
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US